Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at the Glock 32, the Sig P2022 and the 229 Elite. Anyone have experience with all three that can share their experiences?

shane

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
I'm very happy with my G32 and 33. Tremendous round!
Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
797 Posts
I have a P229DAK in 40 S&W and it's rock solid. Eats any ammo I run through it. Even the "less-than-premium" stuff.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I may get both. I will probably pick up the 229 elite tomorrow if they have it. Is it worth the extra money? I like the beavertail because I mostly carried 1911's.

shane

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
I vote Glock 32. I carry a Glock 23 because I have a specific purpose for it, but if not for that, it'd be a 32.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I looked at a few today but did not get one as I got confused. I really like the SRT Trigger. They had an Elite, Dark Elite, regular, Equinox, SCT, etc. I think I like the Dark Elite and SCT but the SCT did not have the SRT. I think I am going to get the dark elite and change the front sight to TFO. Thoughts?

shane

·
Registered
866 Posts
Shane, I own a p229 Elite (stainless w/rosewood grips) in .40. I absolutely love that gun - by far my favorite to shoot and carry even with the added weight! I strongly vote for the Elite Dark - but I have to warn against the TFO sights - I have had ALOT of bad experience with those.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Does the weight bother you at all and what made you decide to go with the stainless over the others?

shane
Shane, I own a p229 Elite (stainless w/rosewood grips) in .40. I absolutely love that gun - by far my favorite to shoot and carry even with the added weight! I strongly vote for the Elite Dark - but I have to warn against the TFO sights - I have had ALOT of bad experience with those.

·
Banned
1,059 Posts
It makes no sense, to buy a shiny five-shot stainless steel S&W Model 60 snubby for $600 when you can buy a shiny new Ruger SP101 gun for $400 or so! Well, I wanted a Smith!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I ended up buying a P229 Elite in .40 and a .357 barrel. I also picked up a new P225 with night sights at the shop while I was there. Will get the G32 this weekend.

shane

·
Super Moderator
50,609 Posts
Glock!:yup:

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
I like the M&P or the Glock. FOM has and likes his Glock .357 Sig Compact (some call it a Baby Glock) I don't know what model it is.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I ended up buying a P229 Elite in .40 and a .357 barrel. I also picked up a new P225 with night sights at the shop while I was there. Will get the G32 this weekend.

shane
Good on ya! The 229 is never a bad choice, but I hope you are young and strong because that stainless frame is gonna make a lasting impression on your hip! Buying the .40 barrel was a good move, too!

·
Registered
15,177 Posts

shane
You marry a rich woman?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts