Votes: 16 16.7%
  • S&W M&P40c

Votes: 16 16.7%
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the market for a new CC auto for xmas. I am looking at a few models but would like to hear others input before I buy. I currently own a Glock19 and Keltec P-3at. I am looking in the 40 and 45 world for my next gun. I want a gun that I can still have fun at the range with but also is a great carry gun. I am currently looking at Springfield XD40 supcompact, Springfield XD45 compact, Glock 27, Glock 30-36, and S&W M&P40c. I wish santa would bring them all.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
I voted for the G27. Mine is my primary off-duty carry. Great concealment, very accurate and good capacity if you carry a spare 23 mag.

Although, I have been giving my 19 a good bit of off-duty carry time lately.

·
Premium Member
24,512 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You might also want to look at the CZ75 P-06. Accurate, reliable, comes from the factory with night sights, all for around $600.00.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The first pistol I bought was a G27, years later I added a .357 sig barrel and am very happy with the set-up. The .357 is a hell of a round but ammo can be a little more pricey.

I'd go with the 27. I have a M&P 40 as well but its the full size. This weapon is very accurate and feels great in the hand! Although, I don't have experience with the compact.

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
I voted for the G30...I looked at them the other day, it's going to be my next purchase. I haven't been able to look at the G36, so I might change my mind... I have an XD45 service and to me the compact is still just too big to carry for me...

·
Registered
24 Posts
I noticed that the Walther PPS was not on your list. Just purchased this in .40 cal. and love it. Very slim and the cartridges are easy to come by now. Take a look at it.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
5,327 Posts

·
Registered
785 Posts
I have carried, at various times, a:
Bersa Thunder 380
Taurus 85
Keltec PF-9
Steyr M9-A1
Steyr S40
Springfield XD40SC
Springfield XD9SC

Of all those, my top three choices are:
1. Springfield XD9SC
1. Springfield XD40SC
1. Steyr S40

The Steyr is third on the list only due to the lack of accessories and holsters for it. The XDs are totally reliable, comfortable to carry and shoot, and very accurate. They fit me well. I can easily live with a 9mm 13+1 that I can keep on target when rapid firing.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
I have 2 of the guns on your list, the Glock 27 and XD .45 Compact.

I voted for the XD since you mentioned you wanted something fun to shoot at the range. The XD fits this description with both the 10 and 13 round mags and it is compact enough to carry.

·
Premium Member
3,019 Posts
M&P40c is my choice and EDC primary.

·
Banned
13,684 Posts
G27.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Rent/borrow as many candidates (guns) as you can, see if they fit your hand/you are a good shot with them, obtain your own & carry after you get trained.

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
I voted for the G36, cause that's what I went with for my only .45. Looking back, I still like my purchase, but started thinking the G30 would've been equally good too.

GBK

·
Registered
785 Posts
Looking for a new CC auto
SEMI-auto, PLEASE! We got enough trouble with all the yellow-dog, liberal 5th Estate, Communist News Network press types calling a Ruger 10/22 an ASSAULT rifle because you can get a 50 round drum for it. Let's not shoot ourselves in the proverbial foot.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts