Defensive Carry banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a love-hate relationship with Glock pistols. I've always wanted to like them (I bought my first one over 20 years ago) but have never really been won over. Recently, I've been reading about and researching pistols manufactured by Shadow Systems which, a couple of years ago, went from producing speciality gun parts to making their own line of pistols. After a lot of study, I decided to purchase their MR920L Elite. I hate to refer to it as a Glock that has been tricked out because it is packed with innovation (unique slide and frame design, amazing optic mounting option, and more). Anyhow after one range trip and 200 rounds of mixed ammo, I'm sold. If you are in the market for a striker-fired pistol, I think this one could be worth a look.

·
Registered
620 Posts
I remember when Shadow Systems debuted their line of "Glock-looking" guns. If you're a Glock lover (I'm not), one might be just the thing. They are a bit pricey, IMO, and hard to get.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Thanks for the review and recommendation! This is a pistol I've considered as well. I think very highly of John Lovell of the Warrior Poet Society, and he had his "Warrior Poet Pistol" build by Shadow Systems on the MR918/920 platform. I've thought about ordering one of his pistols, but the idea of having "Warrior Poet" etched on the barrel chamber of a carry gun gives me pause. Plus, I don't need a threaded barrel. I definitely would like to be able to hold and shoot one of the "regular" ones, though.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the review and recommendation! This is a pistol I've considered as well. I think very highly of John Lovell of the Warrior Poet Society, and he had his "Warrior Poet Pistol" build by Shadow Systems on the MR918/920 platform. I've thought about ordering one of his pistols, but the idea of having "Warrior Poet" etched on the barrel chamber of a carry gun gives me pause. Plus, I don't need a threaded barrel. I definitely would like to be able to hold and shoot one of the "regular" ones, though.
If you get down to the area south of Tampa, I'd be happy to let you try mine for a test drive..

·
Registered
34,691 Posts
Meh.

Did you expect otherwise from me?

·
Registered
10,875 Posts
You lost me with the bling gold barrel. Sorry, no...I’m not a pimp. :ROFLMAO:

Glad you found something you like.

Now you need a purple caddy and a feather in your hat to match... :p

·
Registered
431 Posts
FLSlim, very nice

I currently have two Shadow Systems MR918 Combats (one with a black barrel and one with a bronze barrel). I had a third, but sold it off a few months ago.

After owning a few Glock 19s (30 or so over the years) I am now EDCing my MR918. (I sold off my last couple of 19s a few months back). I REALLY like this gun. I am looking at possibly picking up a MR920 Elite to mount a red dot on it. At one of the gun stores north of Pittsburgh I handled both the 920 Elite and 920L Elite - however these had the threaded barrels, something that I don't really want, so I'll wait...

Again, good pick up and enjoy your 920L (y)

·
Registered
29 Posts
The fun of owning a Glock is it’s like LEGO for grown ups. I am a recent Glock fan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You lost me with the bling gold barrel. Sorry, no...I’m not a pimp. :ROFLMAO:
m
Glad you found something you like.

Now you need a purple caddy and a feather in your hat to match... :p
Ha! Actually the barrel is a dull bronze color, but I'm not big on that either. It is what was available when the bug bit me, so what could I do🤷‍♂️? Regardless, I'm quite happy with the gun after the first trip to the range.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts