Defensive Carry banner

21 - 40 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
982 Posts
Sig P 238 for certain.. Its so easy to operate, easy to shoot all day without fatigue, easy to carry, reliable[they eat anything] and just super accurate...

I was rotating 3 small pistols for everyday carry- Sig 938, Keltec P32, and my recently purchased Beretta Bobcat.
Found a smokin'deal on a P238 2 tone stainless, and it arrived today, END of rotation.. The Sig P238 is the one I wanted all along.. my wife has carried a p238 for years, after trying others, and wants nothing to do with any other carry weapon... The Sig p238 is simply the best made, best shooting small .380 out there for my money...bob

·
Registered
480 Posts
I'm not sure if price is an option but I've always been a Sig fan. The 238 is a sweet shooter. If price is an option Bersa is also an option. I know these are not a very popular pick by some, but my wife and I each have one and have yet to have a failure.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
At the risk of getting another "Kahrs are unreliable" thing going, I have a Kahr CW380 that I love. The recoil and magazine springs were very stiff at first, but after leaving the slide locked back and the mags loaded for a few days, it ran great. It is the easiest to shoot really small .380 I have tried - it has decent sights and shoot quite soft for only weighing 10 oz. empty. The Sig 238 is a great little gun for sure, but the Kahr is a little smaller...and cheaper.

·
Premium Member
7,156 Posts
UPDATE: Took your advice and got a P238. It is much nicer to shoot than the trusty LCP.
CONGRATULATIONS on your excellent purchase!

Each time I come home from the range, having shot one of my P238's and at least a couple other guns, I know without any doubt that keeping a P238 as my carry gun is absolutely the right choice.

And another interesting tidbit: My (midle aged) son decided he needed to get a gun for home defense because of the way things are going in his formerly very nice area. He went to a good range and took private lessons from an most excellent teacher. He shot a bunch of different guns, but in showing me his targets he pointed to one exceptional grouping and said his teacher said, "THERE is your carry gun!!!" It was a P238.

He's not ready to carry yet so he bought other guns to keep learning on. But I will not be a bit surprised if he decides to add the P238 Scorpion to his collection. He sure did drool over mine when he was here for show and tell (and shooting).

Reactions: ETXhiker

·
Registered
4,136 Posts
The only 380s I have are a early LCP and the old Colt Government model. The Colt is simlar the the Sig 238. The Colt is a good shooter.

·
Registered
895 Posts
The first .380 I ever shot back in the very early 80's was a Beretta 1934. Recoil wasn't much different than the 3" S&W model 36 my wife had at the time. Not recommending it, it's just that it was pretty unique at the time.
Glad you found the P238 and like it. I almost bought one myself and would have if they weren't so high. download (6).jpg

·
Registered
355 Posts
I tried several small 380s and settled on the RM380. It's a little wider and a little heavier than most of the polymer offerings. The result is a soft shooting but still easy to conceal pocket gun.
Agreed. Very nice little gun for the $$. Just bought this new one for $199.99, and it came with FIVE magazines! :danceban:
985401DD-C084-4411-97FB-67BD7242C570.jpeg

·
Registered
126 Posts
sig p238 is indeed a nice shooter if you like to carry a semiauto pistol with one in the chamber, cocked & locked, which i don’t. i recently got a taurus spectrum to which i added hogue beavertail grips, $125 + $10 well spent and also a soft shooter, much nicer than a ruger lcp.

4C7F02E9-A0A3-4F92-A1FC-CAD9D90E7FA5.jpeg

·
Registered
488 Posts
Really like my RM380. Great little shooter. Much better than an LCP or Bodyguard IMHO.
I'd be tempted to buy another one at $199 with 5 magazines!!
I also have an extended magazine, which is nice with the extra grip and +1.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Walther PK380 is a very soft shooting, accurate firearm. My favorite handgun for just "shoot'n".

·
Registered
46 Posts
Softest shooting .380 ACP that is similar in size and weight to the LCP is the Kahr CW380.

It will not shoot any of the exotic ammo because of the feed ramp design. It will shoot 95 gr fmj, XTP and Critical Defense without issue.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Softest shooting .380 ACP that is similar in size and weight to the LCP is the Kahr CW380.

It will not shoot any of the exotic ammo because of the feed ramp design. It will shoot 95 gr fmj, XTP and Critical Defense without issue.

Mine has shot everything I've fed it except Perfecta fmj. Not a hiccup one with anything else. It is definitely a soft shooter, and extremely accurate for it's extra small size.

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts

Mine has shot everything I've fed it except Perfecta fmj. Not a hiccup one with anything else. It is definitely a soft shooter, and extremely accurate for it's extra small size.
Most guys have trouble with the screwdriver tip stuff.

21 - 40 of 74 Posts