Defensive Carry banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay this is a question I think I already know the answer to but want to see if some of our resident holster makers or just people with some experience in it like me can chime in here.

For the Springfield XD series, do we not essentially have total cross compatibility in holsters across the three nominal sizes (subcompact service and tactical)?

My XD40 Service and XD45ACP "Service" fit in the same holsters no problem at all. I speculated the XD9 or XD357 Service should too.

I've gathered that this is the case and that all the subcompacts should work in the same holster etc., but since I don't own every model of XD in every size, I thought I'd ask.

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
Is your slide any wider on the 45?

I know the 40 357sig and 9mm will fit the same holster ..

Also my glock 17 and 20 which has a big slide will fit my XD holster i would also bet it depends on holster maker for the 40 to 45 fit

·
Banned
1,424 Posts
Howdy!
The XD's in 9mm, .40 S&W and .357 Sig are all the same frame/slide dimensions. I'm still trying to get my hands on a .45 dummy gun, so I cannot tell you for certain, but it is my understanding that they are larger. To be certain, I would suggest that you call Springfield and find out for sure.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts