Defensive Carry banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've accumulated a number of IWB holsters at this point, and one thing I am consistently disappointed in is the cheap and overly large belt clips most holsters have.

My primary gun belt is only 1 1/4" wide, so 2" standard belt clips are far too long, and too noticeable - as you can see on my N82 holster here:
Brown Bag Leather Footwear Fashion accessory

I'm interested in the Comp-Tac standard clips or C-clips that can be ordered in custom sizes and several colors: Mounting Options - They're kind of pricey - $17 plus shipping for one pair.

Does anyone here use a holster with the Comp-tac standard clips or c-clips on it? If so, what do you think of these clips?

·
Registered
706 Posts
I too have been thinking of getting the clips from Comp-tac. I have yet to receive my holster but have a similar concern as yours. You should also check out Galco because they also have c-clips in 1 1/4 inch size. I have provided a link Galco holsters; Holsters; Gun holster, pistol holsters, western holsters, shoulder holsters, leather holster and Glock holsters. I like the idea of the behind the belt c-clip since it is more concealable but am concerned of durability or how easily will it come off my belt. Especially in a time of need, if it ever comes to that.

I just checked comp-tac and they have both their 1 1/4 inch clips on clearance. So you wouldn't be out much if you try them.

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
Once you try the comp tac standard clip you will never own another metal clip or the wide kydex kind. I used to go through a set of clips on my ctac about every 4 to 6 months. The new style clips are a much tougher material and I've yet to wear out a set after two years. Comp Tac is the only one that has made a decent clip that I've found.

Reactions: MrsHB

·
Registered
156 Posts
I'm currently using C clips with a MTAC. So far I have no complaints, they are nice durable clips. I have a quarter inch thick belt. It was kind of hard to feed the belt through at first as a quarter inch is the max belt width the clip will take, but once I got the hang of it I started to like the snug fit. I don't see a way for these clips to wear out like standard metal clips so hopefully they will last a long time!

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just checked comp-tac and they have both their 1 1/4 inch clips on clearance. So you wouldn't be out much if you try them.
Thanks for the tip! :thumbsup: I'm so glad you pointed this out. When I went to check on the sale price, I saw that this is a close-out sale; Comp-tac is no longer going to offer 1 1/4" clips. They're on sale for $2.00 each... while supplies last.

I was able to order 2 brown standard clips and 2 brown c-clips to fit the 1 1/4" belt in the picture above, for only $8. Regular price would've been $34!

Thanks everyone for the input!

·
Registered
706 Posts
Yeah, I'm going to order some c clips to try on my old faithful holster, which I'm waiting on. Too bad my belt is 1 1/2 inch, I won't be able to get the clearance price. That is killer.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
I replaced the stock clips on my Supertuck with these a year or so ago, they have held up well and they are less noticeable.

·
Registered
34 Posts
plus 2 on a different belt. I went to an actual gun belt. 1.5" wide and I am never going back to a thin belt. A good gun belt will probably make holsters you have tried and hated, work.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Tom/Dan: Not sure why you assumed this wasn't a gun belt. The belt I'm wearing in the photo is a Galco CB2. It's reinforced for added stiffness and is far more supportive than my 1 1/2" gun belt. This is the belt I use to carry my all-steel .357 revolver. Belt loops on women's pants are often too small to accommodate a wide belt.

Update: Since starting this topic, I received my Comp-tac belt clips. I am VERY happy with them!

I removed the cheap metal clip from my N82 holster and replaced it with one of the Comp-tac C-clips. The clip really "locks" around this belt and holds the rig firmly. It eliminated the shifting I had with the oversized metal clip, which was wallowing around on my belt. The c-clip slides onto my belt easily. Not only does it conceal better than the long metal clip -- it also made my N82 tuckable.:smile: Here's a picture:
Bag Tan Messenger bag Brown Leather

I will be replacing the clips on my hybrid holster with Comp-tac clips as well! Great product.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.