Defensive Carry banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and gals... so I'm looking for a new flashlight. Currently I have a Streamlight Stylus Pro (Stylus Series - Stylus Pro | Streamlight)

I love the flashlight but I'm wanting something a little more powerful, but I'd like to find something about the same size putting out about at least 100 lumens. I keep it clipped in the inside of my right pocket towards the far outside of the pocket, then I keep my Benchmade D2 Griptillian clipped on the inside of the pocket next to the light. (This makes no sense as i'm writing it, basically they're both clipped on my right inside pocket) I don't like alot of stuff in my pocket but I don't want something really bulky since I'm constantly bending/walking/sitting all day.

I'd like to keep it under $100ish if possible. Any suggestions/idears welcome. As always thanks again in advance!

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
148 Posts
I've got one of these on pre-order should be shipping "any day now" but it's been delayed.
Preon Kit, Black 4Sevens.Com

In the 2 cell config it gives 3 levels 2,22,160 lumens plus some additional modes(SOS,strobe,beacon).

Similar to the LD05 above, just another option.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've got one of these on pre-order should be shipping "any day now" but it's been delayed.
Preon Kit, Black 4Sevens.Com

In the 2 cell config it gives 3 levels 2,22,160 lumens plus some additional modes(SOS,strobe,beacon).

Similar to the LD05 above, just another option.

man I need to brush up on my flashlight searching skills all of these are awesome and I've never heard of this brand before. The light looks very slim. Thanks mchasal!

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
941 Posts
I have a Fenix PD30, which is spectacular. It gets used at least once EVERY day. I'm still on the first set of batteries, and had it since June. Just bought my dad one for Christmas. Small, powerful, long battery life, lots of great features.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm really digging these 4seven and Fenix flashlights. 4sevens.com has alot of great stuff on their website.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I found this at Lowes, made by Coast. I bought it to replace an Energizer pen light that had broken and was returned. 100 lumens and also has a single red LED light for low-light use. It's sold as a tactical light and is about 1" in diameter...meaning it should fit in most tactical light holders. I'm thinking about picking up a Safariland RLS to mount it in so i have a night-light for the G23.
Best part, cost around $25, runs on AAA batteries, and has a lifetime guarantee. The only downside is that the on/off buttons are up near the front of the light. I would prefer it to be the end cap button style, but for the money, it's really a nice light. I'll post pics once i get it mounted in the RLS and on the Glock.

7736D | LED Lenser High Performance

·
Registered
148 Posts
Not a lot at risk there, but that's probably not built to handle recoil. The LED helps, but there are other factors. Like the batteries slamming into the back of the LED board. It might work fine, or might not, just FYI.

·
Registered
735 Posts
A cool site that carries lots of flashlights I just found is GoingGear.com. As a previous poster said, "Don't blame me when your wallet is empty.":image035:

·
Super Moderator
50,609 Posts
Look at SureFire's entire line. I have stepped away from SureFire a couple of times to pick up one or two off brands...I've come back for good to SureFire.
Buy 2 or 3 times under $100 with something else, buy once with SureFire. My SureFire L4 LumaMax was expensive, but it would blind Hellen Keller...well, sort of...:scruntiny:...2 hours of 120 lumens.:danceban::danceban:
I had to stretch and strain to put out the $$, but it was well worth it, and SureFire gives excellent service...they share a service department with the MayTag man.:yup:

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I own a couple of these and they rock! 210 lumens for less than $60.

Eureka!® - NiteGUIDE 210 LED Flashlight
thanks S391 that's pretty powerful in that small frame. I kinda forgot about this threat I started :twak:

So for an update. My girlfriend got me a Nitecore D10 SP and so far I love it. I got a clip for it and it's kinda flimsy but overall I love the flashlight it clips to my pocket nicely and is a good size. Plus I love that it uses only 1 AA battery which you kinda find/buy anywhere. Thanks everyone for the help!

·
Premium Member
7,276 Posts
I'll just add one more happy user recommendation for Fenix flashlights. I have an LD10 that I have been very happy with. Just one AA battery keeps it quite small and it's very bright!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts