Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a smallish 9mm, hopefully with integral laser sight. This would be pocket carry piece, which means no fancy sights that would snag on clothing, thus the laser would pretty much be mandatory.

Anyone really happy with their choice of something in this category????

Thanks for any suggestions and feedback. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
I don't know of a pocket-carry 9mm with an integrated laser. Maybe a Kahr PM9 or Ruger LC9s with a Crimson Trace? Yet both of those have sights! :blink:

·
Registered
9,889 Posts
Very few pistols above 380 will have a built in laser most will have a rail to mount one though.

I would go a sig 938 or a Gen 2 LC9 no safty with a CT laser grip

·
Registered
982 Posts
Very few pistols above 380 will have a built in laser most will have a rail to mount one though.

I would go a sig 938 or a Gen 2 LC9 no safty with a CT laser grip
From what I have seen on their site, Sig no longer offers the 938 with a laser.. they did at one time, but its no longer listed.. You might find one on Buds or Gunbroker.. That laser turns a very classy and traditional looking 9mm handgun into an ugly monstrosity, and personally I can't imagine a laser in a self defense handgun... bob

·
Registered
9,889 Posts
From what I have seen on their site, Sig no longer offers the 938 with a laser.. they did at one time, but its no longer listed.. You might find one on Buds or Gunbroker.. That laser turns a very classy and traditional looking 9mm handgun into an ugly monstrosity, and personally I can't imagine a laser in a self defense handgun... bob
Crimson trace and other makes laser that snap on to the trigger guard ..And I only said that as the OP wanted a 9mm with a laser ..

·
Registered
44 Posts
I pocket carry a 9mm Sig Sauer P290RS Comes with a Sig Laser and a Plastic OWB holster. I have only used the holster at the range. I carry the pistol in a De Santis pocket holster with the 6 round mag in the gun and if its my primary pistol one or two 8 round mag's in a remora mag pouch in my weak side front pocket. The 290 is a small hammer fired DAO 9mm auto with repeat strike (therefore the RS in the name). I have had no problems with the pistol but experienced a problem zeroing the laser which was replaced by Sig following a single call to customer service, no problems with the replacement.

·
Registered
11,163 Posts
I like lasers, but integrated ones suck. If the laser malfs, you lose the gun when you have to send it back for repair.

Just pick a small 9mm that Crimson Trace makes a laser for.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
9mm short. That's still 9mm... right!!

In that case, the Beretta Pico has an integrated laser in a really near package that is very pocket worthy,

Beretta Nano can come with a laser and it's 9mm, (the big one).

·
Banned
3,342 Posts
As the man above said you do not want an integrated laser because if it breaks there's no easy way to fix it. Plus there's a downside. You can't see the laser in daylight, and you end up hesitating looking for the dot, otherwise. Bad idea.

Trust me, a lot of us ran out got lasers and then gave it up. Only platform where it is a good idea is a green laser (bright in daylight) on a shotgun (shoot from the hip)

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I have a Kahr cm9 with crimson trace, but not quite pocket category unless you have big pockets. I spose it'd be fine for back pocket. As far as laser, i dont think they are distracting. I still draw and go straight to the sights, laser is only secondary and can be helpful for those times you might not be able to get behind the sights.

·
Registered
6,599 Posts
Ruger LC9?

I thought I had to have a laser too. But I wanted a rail mount, so I could but after market and remove it if I wanted. Turns out I really don't need /want it.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have a Kahr CM9, my smallest pistol and could not pass up a new CT a guy was selling for $40 so we bought it and added it to the CM9. I am shocked at how well it works. Very accurate.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
We really like our LC9s Pro. We don't have a laser on it back crimson trace does make one. Guess it depends on attire, but it is too big for my pockets. It is her purse carry.

My wife and I both shoot it better than any of our other pistols.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thank you all for good suggestions! I was wanting laser just for situations where there's not enough light, otherwise I am very comfortable with sights.

I'm gonna check out your recommendations. Thanks again. :eek:k:

·
Registered
431 Posts
I have an XDs 9mm 3.3 with the crimson trace laser guard. But to me this is too big for pocket carry. I also have a sig p238 and p938. I have the laser guard on the 238 right now. I do not have one on the 938 yet, but may add one. In my estimation, the 938 is more pocketable than the XDs. The 238 is only a fraction smaller but it is pocketable. Personally I prefer to carry it IWB or in a desantis mini scabbard, but I do have a pocket holster that works for either the 238 or 938 with the CT laserguard. You can get the CT with or without the pocket holster on Amazon for a reasonable price.

Edit to add: I'm just as accurate with the 938 as I am with my g17. I believe I am most accurate with my g19 with CT grip laser.

·
Registered
863 Posts
I have a keltec PF9 with a ct laser. It is deadly accurate at self defense distances and easily carried in the pocket holster that came with the laser.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts