Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so give me suggestions. thank YOUUUUU:danceban::danceban::danceban::danceban:

·
Premium Member
3,054 Posts
A bit more info? There are tons of pistols out there that are pocket carry compatible, depending on the size and style of your pockets.

I'm looking for exactly the same thing. The problem is that I'm stubborn and I only want .45 ACP (although I might consider a .357 SIG).

So what kind of caliber and/or capacity are you after?

·
Premium Member
3,705 Posts
Pocket Guns

The Walther PPS is something you should have a look at before you by an ordinary "pocket gun" It is semi-auto, 6,7, or 8 round magazines available.

It is very slim in width, under 1 inch, It is available in 9mm or .40.

·
Registered
185 Posts
POCKET???

Well any one of the new mini .380ACP pistols should work just fine. Watch the forums for comments and watch magazine adds, etc. Whatever you pick should work just fine for you.:comeandgetsome::santaclaus:

·
Registered
315 Posts
How about a Ruger LCP in a Desantis pocket holster. I have one and love it.
My thoughts exactly, as it is what I carry around the house and as a backup when I go out.

Or, you could get a Rohrbaugh 9mm for 3+ times the price.

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
I pocket carry a G26 without any problems. I also carry a 642 or a CW9, but the G26 is becoming my favorite.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I pocket carry a G26 without any problems. I also carry a 642 or a CW9, but the G26 is becoming my favorite.
You must have "Deep Pockets":smile: I think it's great you carry a 26, Great gun. I think though the average person would find the 26 and similar size guns uncomfortable for every day pocket carry. I had a Colt Mustang Pocketlite and though it was close, and for years the premium "Pocket" gun, it was still just a little too large for the pocket. The new mini 380's fit the bill much better. :yup:

·
Registered
983 Posts
A S&W J Frame works well in a front pocket.

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
Another vote for the LCP in a good pocket Holster. Very easily carried all day long, and there when ya need it to be.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
How about a Ruger LCP in a Desantis pocket holster. I have one and love it.

^^^^^^^^^^^

What he said. That's my pocket setup; I have the Ruger pinky extensions and Bright Sites orange paint on the front sight bump. I'm getting either a Hogue Handall Jr or AGrip grip material for it next. It happily eats WWB, Magtech, and AE range ammo and is loaded with Remington Golden Saber JHPs for carry.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
A S&W J Frame works well in a front pocket.

I tried that and found it lumpy and uncomfortable in my kahkis and jeans. It's OK in looser pants with bigger pockets, but didn't really work for me.

·
Registered
5,327 Posts
I recently started carrying a Smith and Wesson 340 in a Desantis Pocket Holster, I also stole a Galco Summer Special in Black IWB for it which is also a great option. The availablity of a 38 or 357 in a small lightweight pocket package is the uitmate "no gun" gun.

·
Registered
62 Posts
+1 for the Ruger LCP, just got mine and love it. Just make sure you get a good holster.

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Look no further than one of the mini Glocks. They work really well in cargo or khaki pants front pockets

Not so much in jeans.

·
Registered
4,001 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I vote for the Kahr PM9. mine has been accurate and reliable without any issues even during the reccommended break in period. I got rid of my j frame since it was not comfortable to carry, plus I sucked shooting it. I have a H&K P2000sk which I love that is the same size a a Glock 26 but IMO too big and heavy for a pocket gun.

I can carry it in a Desantis Superfly in a front or rear pocket and forget about it. It will also disappear with and OWB or IWB much better than a j frame. It is 14oz which is heavier than a kel tec or lcp but the same as Sig, Magnum Research, Walther and even Kahr's .380s while shooting a better, with more SD choices 9mm.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts