Defensive Carry banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I have spent the last two days (about 10 total hours) on this Forum and must say I love it. Like a great club with most of the tips and answers anyone is looking for.

My question is that I am interested in doing some reality based training or some type of senario training like ones that are offered at the Suarez School. I just can't pick up and go out of state to do it. Is anyone aware of such training anywhere in Michigan. I am in the Southwest area but could travel anywhere in the state. My other thought was to get a bunch of us 'southwest Michigan' guys and have the Suarez group come out here. They do it all the time and it seems like an affordable thing to do providing we could get enough people together to make it cost effective.

I am always thinking about what I would do if this or that happend...I believe it keeps you sharp. But this type of practice is hard to do by yourself at your local gun club, and dosen't prepare you for the actual event of someone running at you.

Any help would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
I think Gabe comes here about once a year and a couple other trainers do but there nothing based here so you are basically at there mercy when they decide so show up.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I've been looking at that myself...southeast michigan area, but would be willing to travel some for that level of training.

·
Registered
791 Posts
If you are willing to drive I believe TDI in southern Ohio has a very good rep.

http://www.tdiohio.com/

I've not attended any of their courses yet, though my brother went to the Handgun 1-3 course. He had nothing but good things to say about them.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Hey kzoo member here - I'm up for something like that. Just let me know the plan and we'll go from there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts