Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well sold my 26 and going to buy either a G 36 or G 23 both Gen 4. Which one is your favorite and why.The one big thing I can buy all the 40 cal ammo I need.

·
Registered
7,382 Posts
In the Glock line my favorite is the G23, it is my most frequently carried gun. One of the biggest benefits the G23 has over the always stellar G19 is the ability to fire 3 calibers, two with just a barrel swap, (.357 Sig and .40 S&W) and a third with a different barrel and magazine, (9mm). I am also a big fan of the Gen. 4's slimmer more aggressive frame.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Not a fan of the 40 (not for any particular reason), but have owned a Gen 4 23. The gun ran perfect, carried well, and 14 rounds of 40 is serious hardware indeed.

·
Registered
6,377 Posts
The 23 is my choice of the two you listed. Mostly because I think their are better single stack .45's to be had than the G36.

The 19/23/32 are all excellent. As mentioned though, the 23 can be a 32 or 19 with barrels/mags. If you get the 23/32 I say stick to Gen 4's. Their IS a difference in shootability with the Gen 4's in the .40 for sure.

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
I am down to one Primary carry gun. I had to sell off most of my guns because of money problems.
Since I had to settle for one primary carry gun I went with a Gen 4 Glock 23.
I thought it was the best choice for weight of carry and fire power.
It is pretty hard to beat 14 rounds of 40 in a package the size of the G23.

·
Registered
933 Posts
I have a 19 and 36. The 36 is my EDC. Great gun.

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
I like the 27 but I would love to have the 36, I have two .45 I would like to stay with the .45 so I guess one day.

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
In the Glock line my favorite is the G23, it is my most frequently carried gun. One of the biggest benefits the G23 has over the always stellar G19 is the ability to fire 3 calibers, two with just a barrel swap, (.357 Sig and .40 S&W) and a third with a different barrel and magazine, (9mm). I am also a big fan of the Gen. 4's slimmer more aggressive frame.
+1 for the G23....great carry gun.

·
Super Moderator
50,610 Posts
I have the 3rd gen, Glock-36 as my EDC...great firearm!:yup::hand9:
(More lead, less snap...)

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
You just sold the model that I carry the most. The one I carry second most is a 19 which is the same size as the 23. I have a 30 that I love to shoot but seldom carry it except in the winter. It's too fat for summer carry.

Fitch

1 - 20 of 42 Posts