Super Moderator
50,603 Posts
Pro's...
Dependable
Easy to conceal
Great shooter
Accurate:yup:

Con's...
:confused: Sorry, I can't think of anything.

·
Banned
13,684 Posts
I plan on putting a down payment on one for my wife this weekend. She's been wanting one of her own for a while now, and since she got her permit, she's been carrying my (apparently) former G27. Getting her the G26 might get me back the G27, but I think I've lost my best holster for good.
G26 pros? Glock.
G26 cons? Help me out here guys.

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
As the old Nike commerical "Just do it"
Greatest peice of tupperware you will own

·
Registered
11,050 Posts
If I could only have one firearm, it would be my G26.

Cons? OK...maybe too big for pocket carry in anything but cargo pants/shorts (for most people).

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
G26 pros? Glock.
G26 cons? Help me out here guys.
Cons? It's not a G19. :rofl:

G26 is my favorite EDC... G19 is 2nd...

·
Registered
277 Posts
It's also my EDC. Glock perfection in the perfect size and affordable to practice with. :wink:

·
Registered
895 Posts
only cons i can think of it's blocky and also heavier then other brands/models of 9mm's such as Kel-Tec's PF9 or Kahr's PM9..

·
Registered
255 Posts
I have a G26, and it's a great gun. It is a bit on the thick side though. I pocket carry when I walk my dogs at night, and you'd never know it's there. During daytime, you might be able to pick it out if you were looking. I have about 500 rounds through it now without a single malfunction of any sort.

Also, remember that the G26 is a 10+1 gun (higher than Kahr and Kel-tec), so you do get something in return for the increase width.

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
Great pistol. :hand10:
Cons, 0.

·
Registered
612 Posts
I have one and I like it. 1 CON: when practicing malfunction drills, you really have to rack the slide hard in one direction and pushing the frame in the other. With all my other firearms, I dont have to use much effort but with my G26, you really have to rack it hard.

·
Registered
838 Posts
I carry a G26 an do recommend it ,but you need to make sure the
finger grips fit your hand before buying .
If they don't look at the XD9SC , it does not have finger groves
made into the frame and is also a very good gun.

·
Registered
136 Posts
A G26 is my EDC, and I couldn't be happier.

Perfect size for IWB, reliability, and I shoot it incredibly well.

The only con I could think of is that it doesn't have an external safety (unless you count the trigger safety). Some like the Springfield XD9 have the grip safety for that added security.

Me personally, I don't really like the grip safety, and my Glock won't go bang unless I pull the trigger. That is plenty safe for me.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Great EDC handgun. Only negitive for some is the blockiness compaired to some other small semi's. Thats not an issue for me with IWB carry.

·
Registered
7,421 Posts
Great EDC handgun. Only negitive for some is the blockiness compaired to some other small semi's. Thats not an issue for me with IWB carry.

Pirate; That photo right there has just about talked me into a new Glock 26. I've been thinking about a 1911 style .45, but now I'm thinkin I can have two quality defense tools G26 and G27 for the price of a good quality 1911. My thinkin is, more is better..

·
Registered
225 Posts
Just bought a 26 myself...and LOVE it!
Although it comes with 2 10-round mags, I found stock 12-round mags for it at Glockworld.com...I found it difficult to get the Pearce
+2 extensions onto my 10-rounders (mild arthritis....)...this mod
probably is not a problem for most, however....
Enjoy the 26...and welcome to the "Glock Block"!!:wave:

·
Registered
446 Posts
Nothing wrong with the 26...great machine. I like the XD9 sc just a little more due to fit and I like having another safety in place. You can't go wrong with a glock.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts