Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hold on to your hats, looks like Thursday will be the first salvo Biden is gonna take on gun control without Congress.
Hope the lawyers are ready to sue to stop it.

·
Registered
7,162 Posts
Restricting the import of ammo and guns should do wonders for the shortages we are experiencing right now.
The prices will go even higher on domestic firearms and ammo.
Those two things alone would be very problematic for gun owners.

It will also likely create a panic buy that would make what we have seen so far look like a busy holiday weekend.

·
Registered
20,047 Posts
Restricting the import of ammo and guns should do wonders for the shortages we are experiencing right now.
The prices will go even higher on domestic firearms and ammo.
At first it probably will. But I think it will eventually level off as American industry steps up to meet the need.
Capitalism always finds a way.

·
Registered
20,047 Posts
I don't think he can do anything about 80% frames without creating or changing a law. Executive fiat does not give him that power.
I don’t either, but I think he will try to have the ATF reinterpret it like they did the bump stock until it is overturned in court, which could take a couple of years.
I also think after these little EO’s, he will be forced to turn his attentions to other matters, like Chinese aggression in Taiwan, or the fact that China has now digitalized all of their currency which is going to create massive economic issues for us.

·
Registered
20,047 Posts
Big whoop. EO’s have absolutely no legal standing. It will be ignored.
That’s not true. Executive Orders have authority to strengthen already existing laws, but Executive Actions have no authority.

·
Registered
14,194 Posts
I don’t either, but I think he will try to have the ATF reinterpret it like they did the bump stock until it is overturned in court, which could take a couple of years.
I also think after these little EO’s, he will be forced to turn his attentions to other matters, like Chinese aggression in Taiwan, or the fact that China has now digitalized all of their currency which is going to create massive economic issues for us.
China owns him. He will do what they tell him.

·
Registered
3,279 Posts
At first it probably will. But I think it will eventually level off as American industry steps up to meet the need.
Capitalism always finds a way.
They haven't been able to so far I don't see how they will in the near future.

·
Registered
7,162 Posts
With ammunition being barely available now, I don't see how the surge could get worse. It just won't end any time soon.
There would be zero available.
Lots of import ammo is trickling though to the big online vendors, if that stops...

·
Registered
20,047 Posts
There would be zero available.
Lots of import ammo is trickling though to the big online vendors, if that stops...
People are just going to have to stop shooting as much as they want to until the market catches up.

This is one of the main reasons I made the switch to revolvers that I handload for.
$37 for 500 bullets, brass lasts forever and doesn’t get lost, and I have enough primers and powder on hand to get me by for a couple of years.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I gots all the guns I want, now it’s about feeding them, we’ve been dieting a bit but no fast yet.

My fear is some sort of license with tax, other than that .gov can pound salt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,162 Posts
People are just going to have to stop shooting as much as they want to until the market catches up.

This is one of the main reasons I made the switch to revolvers that I handload for.
$37 for 500 bullets, brass lasts forever and doesn’t get lost, and I have enough primers and powder on hand to get me by for a couple of years.
I have a lot of industry friends who rely on students showing up to put food on their table.

Everyone has cut course counts as low as they can, some have even added partial course dry fire options. Many are constantly buying ammo to sell to customers attending classes at cost.

I think it’s more the people who never shoot, but hoard and or try to scalp for profit that is always the real enemy during ammo shortages.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts