1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
3,413 Posts
Them fighting words. Was Wayne a perfect man? Never met one. He was an American icon for the characters he played and his patriotism. Taught many a long boy how to be a man. Sure he was given the honor for his contributions to the region.
I am not taking the bumper sticker off my Jeep that says
GOD BLESS JOHN WAYNE

·
Premium Member
4,374 Posts
Makes me angry. Simmering, smoldering anger. Scum. Total scum with no respect for anything.

Shooting war is going to start soon. They are trying to destroy this country. Not going to happen.

·
Premium Member
2,229 Posts
I was wondering when this would happen. Are they going to stop streaming his movies and stop selling DVD's for his movies? I wouldn't be surprised by that either. Totally unreasonable behavior.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
A couple quotes made famous that has served me very well ,

·
Registered
4,576 Posts
That is insane. Didn’t we vote in some adult GOP’s in office? Yeah....and this is why I’m an independent. Y’all remember this in November, looks like a bunch of folks need to be WOKE!

Grrrrr

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
This situation is chock-a-block with irony.

First, some background.
I grew up in Orange county and as a kid remember the days when I talked my mom into taking me to the airport just to look at the various planes on the ramp and dream. That was before all the security and one could walk right out among the planes and peer inside; it was glorious for an aviation-struck kid. That is where I later learned to fly, earning my license and Instrument rating. I watched it expand into the regional airport it is today and remember the political fight against that expansion from the people living under the flight path in Newport Beach.
John Wayne was a leader in that fight and he hated that airport. I'm sure he was rolling over in his grave when they re-named it after him! How ironic that he'd now be rolling in his grave over the removal of his name for the current silliness!

·
Registered
268 Posts
This is in my neighborhood and I expect to see some crap coming this way. Can't have the General Lee sitting on the property. The replica models they sold lost their Confederate flags a few years ago as I believe the lady said Disney now owned the rights to the show or maybe just the stuff they sell. Not sure if the shirts still have the flags on them or not. This area is very strong 2-A and may not put up with anyone or groups coming over and screwing with the store. Cooter lives on some gorgeous property nearby. Cooter's Luray

·
Registered
578 Posts
Watch it Pilgrim!.

Reactions: msgt/ret

·
Registered
317 Posts
Watch it Pilgrim!
Kind of an aside, but I think it shows the difference between "then" and "now". When I was in college, John Wayne accepted an invitation to come and speak to students in one of the large lecture halls. He was funny, honest, and even the students who didn't like him seemed to like him. At one point, he was asked if his hair was his own. He answered that it sure was because he bought an paid for it.
Later, he was asked a question about American Indians; part of his answer was that he didn't believe they were ready to govern themselves. As you might expect, that opinion drew a lot of disagreement and criticism.
But not one person, no one, disputed his right to express that opinion nor did anyone suggest boycotting his movies or the products he advertised. That was then; this is now.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Is that the time he arrived in an APC? Knew how to make an entrance!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts