Defensive Carry banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
33,809 Posts
Kill 'em all, I say! Wait, they are already dead....

Kill 'em all again!!!

Reactions: Pete63 and OldChap

·
Premium Member
2,229 Posts
One thing people don't understand is that it's much easier to topple statues and rename buildings than it is to eliminate undesirable attitudes. So, my point is that they're not really accomplishing anything by renaming a building or toppling a statue.

·
Registered
6,821 Posts
I got a good "new" name for the place.

ICAO code: KFNG. No, no, not what you're thinking.

K-Fruits & Nuts Galore.

Befitting Commiefornia.

Reactions: msgt/ret

·
Registered
585 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Reading that article, the first question I have, is who the hell still has ancopy of a 1971 Playboy? And should we call the show "Hoarders" on them?

The man is a national icon. They need to leave well enough alone. These people are judging actions of the past through eyes of the present. You can't do that. They have to understand that yes, the culture in the US has changed since then. The culture of the US back then was much different, with different views of the world. They have to take into account a man's upbringing, which in the case of John Wayne, means being in his 20s during the Great Depression, and odds are his grandfather was in tje Civil War, with him growing up hearing stores about it. Something like that would color a man's perceptions differently. And if they were in his shoes, with the same upbringing, they'd probably be the same as he was.

·
Premium Member
3,413 Posts
I also try to imagine if a person they are judging on the past, if the person was alive today would there attitude change.
I look at my father. Grew up in the depression, fought in the war and became a cop in one of the roughest ghettos in our country. He was a extremely bigoted man from the experience in his life.
He only saw the horrible things African Americans did to each other.
As he got older and the suburbs he lived in became less segregated he started to see the good in people. His heart saw a huge change when he was in his 50’s.
Used to break bread and share a beer with his black neighbors.
Should I judge my father for the man he was when he was young? Or the man he ultimately became.
Many of the statues they are tearing down are like my dad.
Judge people in their totality

·
Premium Member
2,229 Posts

That's what the protesters/rioters should really be concerned about - rather than historical images. Of course, Chicago would rather put in more gun restrictions to TRY to deal with this rather than going after CRIMINALS and MURDERERS.

·
Registered
585 Posts
The Duke and Ward Bond are on an old time radio program as I write this. Fort Apache. Didn't know they did any radio. Not gonna apologize for listening to it. Not gonna burn my radio either!

Reactions: Pete63

·
Registered
585 Posts
Reactions: Pete63
21 - 34 of 34 Posts