Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The race at Texas (going on as I post)...was to be called & sponsored by the NRA....So far I have heard NO mention of the NRA.

I guess Fox & Nascar have folded to the anti's.............

Very disappointed & that's the last I'll ever spend on NASCAR races or their merchandise!

http://cnsnews.com/blog/gregory-gwy...ook-sponsorships-after-nra-backs-latest-event
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...r-nras-sponsorship-of-big-texas-race-hell-no/
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-57579279/conn-senator-to-murdoch-dont-air-nascar-nra-race/

·
Banned
455 Posts
Something must have changed since earlier today..They reported that,everything would go on as planned, and at the end of the race,the driver,or someone,would get 2 revolvers.

·
Premium Member
2,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is a electronic bill board in the middle of turn 4 that has the NRA logo on it & it looks like the infield may have the NRA logo as well....but FOX has not said a word about the NRA & there have been no commercials......

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Two sponsors told their drivers not to do interviews as they did not want the NRA sign behind them wearing the sponsor's logos! Reported by ESPN! Time for a boycott of those sponsors!

·
Banned
192 Posts
I went to the NRA website,sometime ago,just reading.I typed in S.C..I was looking at some video's.There is a man in firearm sales,from here and was running ads on ESPN radio..ESPN,told him,they would no longer run his firearm ads.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
This kind of crap is getting outta hand! And to think, Obama is just sitting back laughing his butt off. I am really getting mad right about now.:mad:

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
I watched the pre-race and the opening ceremonies and they called it the NRA 500 at least twice in the opening and several times in the pre-race. Several shots of the NRA logo on the opening ceremonies. You may have just missed it.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
I watched the pre-race and the opening ceremonies and they called it the NRA 500 at least twice in the opening and several times in the pre-race. Several shots of the NRA logo on the opening ceremonies. You may have just missed it.
Good. At least I can count on NASCAR to keep it real.:smile:

·
Registered
669 Posts
Who's looking forward the Acorn 15 (coz 16 laps would hurt the air quality) in San Francisco next week?

Reactions: JPeterson

·
Registered
9,342 Posts
Gee why did the NRA pay for exposure if they aren't getting the benefits of sponsorship. You watch any Golf Tourney (Sorry Golf to me ranks up there with watching grass grow). They mention the main sponsor about every ten minutes. I would think the NRA should sue NASCAR - You do know there where reports that the drivers of the NRA sponsored cars were banned from the media tent, by NASCAR. I thought the NASCAR crowd especially in TEXAS would do better than that. Barry got to someone over there.

Reactions: sanfordreed

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Alan Fram, of the AP, reported that "The National Rifle Association, a foe of the Democratic bill, was sponsoring a NASCAR race in Fort Worth, Texas, and using tweets to urge its supporters to watch it on television. Sen. Chris Murphy, D-Conn., has asked the Fox network not to broadcast the event, but it was still scheduled to be televised."

Our opponents are pulling pages out of Nazi Germany: play ball with the government by limiting association with the NRA, and get the favors. All to be the only game in town in the midst of a federal push for gun regulation. Such a government is way too big for our own good.

·
Banned
2,647 Posts
Just another parasite feeding his ego with taxpayer money.........and typical of most of our elected officials of today......

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Exactly, it was the NRA 500 no different than the many other races NASCAR has.... For example on March 10, 2013 it was the KOBALT Tools 400 race..... They do that with golf tournaments too.....

As Bullseye states they got their promo......

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Alan Fram, of the AP, reported that "The National Rifle Association, a foe of the Democratic bill, was sponsoring a NASCAR race in Fort Worth, Texas, and using tweets to urge its supporters to watch it on television. Sen. Chris Murphy, D-Conn., has asked the Fox network not to broadcast the event, but it was still scheduled to be televised."

Our opponents are pulling pages out of Nazi Germany: play ball with the government by limiting association with the NRA, and get the favors. All to be the only game in town in the midst of a federal push for gun regulation. Such a government is way too big for our own good.
Just another parasite feeding his ego with taxpayer money.........and typical of most of our elected officials of today......
Sorry, Charlie. My tin foil hat is flat under a pile of books for years. But I think it's a mistake to dismiss the failure to respect both the first and second amendments as a quirk of personality or hubris. And I think that vigilance is always important to our freedom as tyranny first appears as a clumsy effort to do good.
BTW, thank you for your service during some hot times during the Cold War.

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
From the article said:
Invoking Murdoch's own support for stronger gun control laws, Murphy pointed to the "irony" that Fox, by airing the program, would "now essentially endorse the NRA's extreme position against such laws."
Because a televised event has a given sponsor, the broadcast company is complicit and endorses the views of the supplier by virtue of broadcasting the program? Only a senator who's selling something could toss up such a claim and make it stick. Will the senator from Connecticut please stand up ... That man (Murdoch) is in more need of having the microphone ripped from his mouth than nearly anyone I've heard in the past week. (Though, it'd have so many teeth marks on it, it'd have to be sold for scrap.)

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Because a televised event has a given sponsor, the broadcast company is complicit and endorses the views of the supplier by virtue of broadcasting the program? Only a senator who's selling something could toss up such a claim and make it stick....
Sorry, again, to be an echo. That's some hard "selling", my friend. Such a loose cannon has plenty of support and partisan networking. We've got to see the forest for the trees.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts