Defensive Carry banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I have seen several people here and have heard from several people in my local gun store that Lorcin's are bad. So why are they so bad. I have one in 380 and I have not had a single problem out of it. Granted it is a big gun (almost twice the size of my S&W 9mm model 908) and it is somewhat of a pain to field strip. Other than that its an OK firearm.

So what makes Lorcin so bad.

·
Super Moderator
19,005 Posts
typically, they are not as reliable, or hold up to thousands of rounds of ammo as well as a higher priced gun.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I Got One Of These When A Friend Passed. Anybody Have A Link To Get A Manual On How To Strip One Of These Things? Supposedly He Quit Shooting It Cuz It Would Fire An Extra Round With Every Other Trigger Pull. Would Like To Break It Down And Ck The Internals.

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Much as I recall was to do with the metallurgy - some use of pot metal and similar. Basically not too strong and internals gave impression of being far from tight on tolerancing and quality.

Like any budget gun, there will always be some that shine as reliable and trouble-free but the lemons are usually bad lemons!

·
Registered
5,050 Posts
One of our students brought a Lorcin to class that was a .380. The student loaded 9mm ammo in it. It would fire out of battery and without the chamber being closed. The student thought this was great. We didn't.

I know of other Lorcins that have had some fatigue issues. What I don't know is exactly how many rounds were shot through them. My other experiences with them is they are also prone to a lot of failures for various reasons.

My basic position on a Lorcin is I will not buy one and will not bet my life on one. If anyone else likes them and is willing to bet their life on it, that is fine for them. It's a free country. Other than the firing out of battery the same things can happen and have happened to a more expensive gun although, I think, not to the degree that they occur in the Lorcin line. My opinion and it is worth every penny you paid for it. :wave:

-Scott-

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
toytek065 said:
I Got One Of These When A Friend Passed. Anybody Have A Link To Get A Manual On How To Strip One Of These Things? Supposedly He Quit Shooting It Cuz It Would Fire An Extra Round With Every Other Trigger Pull. Would Like To Break It Down And Ck The Internals.
I know with mine it has a pressure switch type deal on the back of the slide. If I recall correctly you push that in as your a pulling the slide back, but be carefull as it is spring loaded and I just about always see that piece fly in another direction.

Scott, I have never relied on my Lorcin, well, I can't say that as I use to keep it by my bed at night. But other than that I have never carried it. Its just to big to canceil properly. As I said earlier this thing is huge. to give you a compairison on its size. It is probably 1 and a half times the size of my Sig P229.

·
Registered
950 Posts
First, people call them throw away guns. A Lorcin .380 was my first pistol and it jammed. I bought the thing prior to going into the service. Secondly, how is it pain to strip. It is a striker type weapon and if the design is the same you simply take a screw driver depress the firing pin button in and the slide is removed. Anyway, throw away gun and if that is all you can afford that better than nothing....

·
Registered
10,807 Posts
toytek065 said:
Anybody Have A Link To Get A Manual On How To Strip One Of These Things?
Here is a link where you can get a manual.

http://www.again.net/~steve/page7b.htm

When you get to the page you will not see a link for Lorcin. Instead go to the "Cobra FS-32 and FS-380" manual. The Cobra FS-380 is identical to the Lorcin L380.

Good luck.

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
Lorcin

My Wife had a Lorcin 380 and it jammed so much that she was haveing nightmares about it.I soon after gave it away and she hasn't carried since.I hope to get her to carry again with a Kahr that I have on the way.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts