Defensive Carry banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
13,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Short explanation: http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulletin/concealed-carry-issues-discussions/87441-61-days-2.html

Detailed explanation: Well, my wife's been thinking about holsters ever since she applied for her permit. Lately, she hasn't pursued it that much thinking maybe another month before possible permit approval. She got surprised this week with an issue after only two months. Her choice for carry is currently the G27 until the G26 comes around. I suggested she try my favorite DeSantis Scorpion IWB kydex holster which I use almost 85% of the time. She wore it all day yesterday, and it absolutely disappears on her with the G27, and she's perfectly comfortable with it no matter what she's doing. A little schooling on methods for getting the cover garment out of the way and the draw, and now my holster is no longer mine. That's okay for now, and I've fallen back to my secondary Galco SkyOps holster for my G23. Needless to say, I passed on someone's for sale thread here a couple of months ago with another Scorpion like mine, and didn't think I needed two of the same holster. If anyone would like to volunteer to stab me with a sharp stick, I'd be much obliged. If anyone has a DeSantis Scorpion for the 9mm/40S&W/357sig Glocks that they don't want or cannot work with, feel free to PM me with an offer. I still have several Glock parts, magazines, magazine parts, box of 100 .380 auto ammo for trade, or give me a price. Right now, it's just a waiting thing for me, until I come across another deal like the one I originally bought this holster for right here on the forum. Thanks.

·
Registered
15,177 Posts
See a real man makes sure his familys needs are put before his own,I gotta start hiding my favorite guns and holsters before mine gets her permit

·
Super Moderator
50,603 Posts
There are much worse ways to loose a great holster...:image035:
At least it's still in the family.:22a:

·
Registered
287 Posts
well,well,well, as the bully on " the Simpsons"says...

HAha!

·
Banned
1,972 Posts
congrats on both

·
Premium Member
10,046 Posts
Ram Rod

It's funny you are in need of a holster as WJP9 just happens to be offering a Brommeland MaxCon V with Mag Carrier for a G-26/27 for sale right now.

I have this rig for my XD9sc and it is the most comfortable holster I own. If I had a G26/27 I'd buy it myself.

You can check it out here.

·
Premium Member
2,841 Posts
Count yourself lucky....I've lost six firearms to my wife....She can't use any of my holsters since I'm a leftie & she's a rightie....

·
Premium Member
24,511 Posts
Better your favorite holster and not your favorite gun.

·
Premium Member
2,355 Posts
Congrats to both of you. Welcome back to holster hunt hwy. After 30+ yrs of carry I say "Are we there yet? " but it seems there's always something else I have to get and try out. Good luck.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Short explanation: http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulletin/concealed-carry-issues-discussions/87441-61-days-2.html

Detailed explanation: Well, my wife's been thinking about holsters ever since she applied for her permit. Lately, she hasn't pursued it that much thinking maybe another month before possible permit approval. She got surprised this week with an issue after only two months. Her choice for carry is currently the G27 until the G26 comes around. I suggested she try my favorite DeSantis Scorpion IWB kydex holster which I use almost 85% of the time. She wore it all day yesterday, and it absolutely disappears on her with the G27, and she's perfectly comfortable with it no matter what she's doing. A little schooling on methods for getting the cover garment out of the way and the draw, and now my holster is no longer mine. That's okay for now, and I've fallen back to my secondary Galco SkyOps holster for my G23. Needless to say, I passed on someone's for sale thread here a couple of months ago with another Scorpion like mine, and didn't think I needed two of the same holster. If anyone would like to volunteer to stab me with a sharp stick, I'd be much obliged. If anyone has a DeSantis Scorpion for the 9mm/40S&W/357sig Glocks that they don't want or cannot work with, feel free to PM me with an offer. I still have several Glock parts, magazines, magazine parts, box of 100 .380 auto ammo for trade, or give me a price. Right now, it's just a waiting thing for me, until I come across another deal like the one I originally bought this holster for right here on the forum. Thanks.

It alright my wife took my gun. I bought a Kel Tec P3AT for sometime carry and BUG. We were at the range and she ran a book of ammo through it and looked me in the eye and said "Nice, Mine" and took it. She carries it all the time and I bought another one for me with different color grip and said "mine" until she wants it too. Then back to the gun store we go. The only down side is how hard it is to find 380 ammo. Up side wife shoots it very well indeed.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
You should know by now that you have to buy things in pairs.

·
Banned
13,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Prayers sent, stay safe, oh yes pairs, guns, holsters, and definately ammo should always be purchased in multiples:yup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts