Defensive Carry banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have Wilson Nite-Eyes Low-Profile Snag-Free Sights. On a Springfield 1911. The rear sight was lost, while shooting.

I still have the front post. I cant find the rear sight alone. Im also, saving for holidays.. What rear sight, can I use with the Night eyes low profile post?

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
I'd call Wilson and let them know what happened...maybe they can help you out...

·
Premium Member
2,855 Posts
What type of sight cut is used for the rear sight?.......simple dovetail, Novak style , Bomar....etc....?

·
Administrator
144,496 Posts
I think the Wilson Nite-Eyes just mounts in a standard 1911 factory dovetail.

I would call WILSON and tell them that your rear sight sprouted wings and took off. They will probably cut you a nice break on just furnishing you with a new rear rather than you having to re-purchase a front/rear set.

·
Registered
35 Posts
How do you lose a sight while shooting and not notice it ?

all above is fine but I would be more concerned why you lost the rear sight and how to prevent this in the future

·
Registered
48 Posts
I'd say get a replacement sent for January 1st, and until then become more accurate without it. Once you get it, well, you know....

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How do you lose a sight while shooting and not notice it ?

all above is fine but I would be more concerned why you lost the rear sight and how to prevent this in the future
I knoticed it when I reloaded my mag. The shooting equipment was in my truck, 20y behind the firingline.
I think the sights came out, from using oil on the entire slide.

Thanks Rigerat! Im trying to save up for Santa. This will work, till I get a new rear-sight.

QKShooter, Ill give Wilson Combat a call.

Thanks everyone for the input.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts