Defensive Carry banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not normally a huge fan of high capacity handguns holding lot'sa bullets. This however, appears to be a proper application of large quantities of ammo.

Caution, loud Armageddon music accompanies this.
Dillon Aero - YouTube

Lots of possibilities for such equipment. Would be the thing for rabbit hunting, pass shooting for waterfowl, and turning cement trucks into giant rotating sieves.

·
Registered
6,971 Posts
...you forgot hawg huntin'...
I'm not normally a huge fan of high capacity handguns holding lot'sa bullets. This however, appears to be a proper application of large quantities of ammo.

Caution, loud Armageddon music accompanies this.
Dillon Aero - YouTube

Lots of possibilities for such equipment. Would be the thing for rabbit hunting, pass shooting for waterfowl, and turning cement trucks into giant rotating sieves.

·
Super Moderator
18,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Did anyone notice the duded shooting the M1 (M2?) Carbine at the drone released toward the end of OD*'s Mike Dillon clip?

·
Super Moderator
18,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
...you forgot hawg huntin'...
Well...there is that. Hunt 'em, kill 'em, sausage 'em, and cook 'em ... all at the same time.

Reactions: perfection

·
Super Moderator
19,938 Posts
Some of those clips are from Dillon's classic "Firestorm in the Desert" movie. Lotsa bullets is right - 3000 rounds per minute from the minigun!

Mike Dillon's story (perhaps apocryphal?) is that he was willed a Thompson SMG by an older friend who passed away. Mike took possession and started shooting it, but the volume of ammo required for full enjoyment of the gun, plus the cost thereof, got him into reloading. He was quickly turned off by the slowness and clumsiness of the available reloading equipment, so as a tool and die maker he set out to build the better mousetrap, and succeeded.

Dillon is in nearby Scottsdale, and most of those videos were shot within 30 miles of here. A young associate at work is connected to the Dillon family and has gone out on a few of their shoots. Last year he sent around pictures from a shoot... Dillon had mounted a minigun on a British army tank and hosed a junked Buick. I only saw still photos, but the damage was impressive!

·
Super Moderator
22,322 Posts
Did anyone notice the duded shooting the M1 (M2?) Carbine at the drone released toward the end of OD*'s Mike Dillon clip?
I'll have to watch again.

·
Super Moderator
19,938 Posts
poor little Buick...

Dillon is in nearby Scottsdale, and most of those videos were shot within 30 miles of here. A young associate at work is connected to the Dillon family and has gone out on a few of their shoots. Last year he sent around pictures from a shoot... Dillon had mounted a minigun on a British army tank and hosed a junked Buick. I only saw still photos, but the damage was impressive!
I found the fun photos...

Chieftain tank w minigun.jpg setting up the shoot.jpg Lesabre before.jpg Lesabre after.jpg

Oh, and afterwards they drove the Chieftain over the Buick!

·
Super Moderator
50,611 Posts
I used to rabbit hunt a lot, decades ago...that mini could work...do the whole forest at once!:yup:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts