Defensive Carry banner

Love my Lone Wolf 9mm conversion barrel for my Glock 27.

10919 Views 14 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  Pete63
As you guys know by now I only have one handgun.
Because of lack of money I needed to shoot 9mm more than 40 S&W.
So I have been using my Lone Wolf 9mm barrel more and more for training in my Glock 27.
So far I have shot about 650 rounds through the 9mm barrel.
I have not had any kind of hiccup with this conversion barrel.
I have even used 40 S&W mags with no problems.
But when I use the 9mm for carry I do use Glock 26 Mags.
It is amazing how accurate this is with no type of problems.
Next on my list would be a 357 Sig barrel some time in the future.
Just wanted to post how happy I am with this barrel.
Here is a quick pick of my G27 with the Lone Wolf barrel.

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
2,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had the Pearce mag extension on two of my mags.
But I have removed them since I took the pic.
I was getting some finger pinch from them.
No need to change mag springs.
I do't like them.

· Registered
78,969 Posts
Sounds like your Wolf works better than my Storm Lake for my G30. I've about stopped using it.

· Registered
1,410 Posts
I have a 9mm LW conversion barrel, and two LW 357 sig conversion barrels - one standard and one an inch longer and double vented - that I use in my G27 and G33. I've had the barrels for about two years and use them all the time. I've NEVER had a problem with any of them. I do make sure that I use the correct mags for the caliber I'm shooting however. Just got home from the range about 3:00 pm from shooting 9mm with my G33 and it worked perfectly.

· Registered
549 Posts
I had the Pearce mag extension on two of my mags.
But I have removed them since I took the pic.
I was getting some finger pinch from them.
No need to change mag springs.
I do't like them.
Thanks for the info.

The other day, I once again handled a Gen 4 G27 (I want the G26) at a gun store and I felt that I could get a good firm grip with only the 2 fingers. Of course with recoil it'll be different. I plan on shooting it as is of course, but I'll probably buy the GAP base plates for 2 of the mags and try either a Pearce extension (PG-26 or PG-2733) for the third mag.

· Registered
Glock 17 & Glock 27
2 Posts
Have you tried magpul p mags on your converted glock 27 with 9mm barrel? Just tried mine for the first time yesterday and it did good with my glock 17 mags but with the pmags it jammed 2 out of 10 rounds when ejecting the bullet case. Anyone has had any similar issue?

· Registered
14,899 Posts
Have you tried magpul p mags on your converted glock 27 with 9mm barrel? Just tried mine for the first time yesterday and it did good with my glock 17 mags but with the pmags it jammed 2 out of 10 rounds when ejecting the bullet case. Anyone has had any similar issue?
I’m not sure magpul was making mags for Glocks last time the OP was on this forum, but I haven’t had any issues using pmags in any of my 9mm Glocks.

· Registered
Glock 17 & Glock 27
2 Posts
Pmags Works fine on my Glock 17 but on my Glock 27 with a lone wolf 9mm barrel it jams a couple of times per clip. Also just saw a video where glock 9mm and glock .40 magazines can hold either or ammo. Crazy gotta try it
Check it out

QUOTE="Havok, post: 8455070, member: 101850"]
I’m not sure magpul was making mags for Glocks last time the OP was on this forum, but I haven’t had any issues using pmags in any of my 9mm Glocks.
[/QUOTE]

· Registered
2,721 Posts
...I was getting some finger pinch from them...
Ya, they do that. How my wife ended up with a Walter P99c and hated Glocks until Gen 4 / 5. I have a G33 with the Pearce +1. Really don't like my G33 without the Pearce. Just the reality that it works for some but not all. Can't have a cc pistol that pinches the fingers.

Just wondering is you have had issues with standard mags out of the smaller frame Glock? I tend toward failure to feed issues with the G33 when I use G31 mags. I've never decided if it is me or just how mags fit in it.

· Premium Member
9,722 Posts
Ya, they do that. How my wife ended up with a Walter P99c and hated Glocks until Gen 4 / 5. I have a G33 with the Pearce +1. Really don't like my G33 without the Pearce. Just the reality that it works for some but not all. Can't have a cc pistol that pinches the fingers.

Just wondering is you have had issues with standard mags out of the smaller frame Glock? I tend toward failure to feed issues with the G33 when I use G31 mags. I've never decided if it is me or just how mags fit in it.
Doubt you'll get a response form 2 Gun's, as this thread is "reaching necro". Newbie brought back an 8 year old thread, AND he's not posted here in ages.

· Premium Member
9,722 Posts
This is "a zombie thread" (8 year old), & you're asking a question to some one whom has faded out on posting "a long time ago".

• Haha
Reactions: Thanis
1 - 15 of 15 Posts