Defensive Carry banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone make a low riding OWB holster for a Ruger SP101 snub? I've looked around but it seems all are high riding holster that put the gun above the belt line,I'm looking for one that puts the gun right at the belt. Say maybe in this case a holster that keeps the gun's cylinder at the belt line,what about the galco concealable is this a low ride or a high ride OWB holster?

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Being short-waisted this is a common concern for me as well. I didn't have any luck with the Galco or Desantis holsters I tried on.
Take a look at Simply Rugged Holsters, I ordered a Sourdough pancake for my 686+ and had Rob adjust it to ride low and added more cant. Perfect fit, rides exactly where I need it to and hides the 686+ easily under a t-shirt or sweatshirt.
The bonus, it was here in a little over two weeks.
Leather Gun Holster, Concealed carry holster - Simply Rugged, Proudly made in Alaska

·
Super Moderator
50,585 Posts
I'm always recommending Fist...call them...they will make what you want...
Find what you like...then decide HOW you want it...

HOLSTERS

·
Registered
454 Posts
I second Rugergirl on simply rugged... I have one already and 2 more on order... I really like his work... I rode the tractor all day Saturday and actually forgot I had it on.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
For an excellent holster at a very fair price and about 5 weeks delivery time take a look at the Fist #12 or #7. I have two #12s and the muzzle clears about at the top of the belt. I have not seen the #7, but it must be lower still.

HOLSTERS

I think the Fist holsters are a best buy for revolvers.

Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Does anyone make a low riding OWB holster for a Ruger SP101 snub? I've looked around but it seems all are high riding holster that put the gun above the belt line,I'm looking for one that puts the gun right at the belt. Say maybe in this case a holster that keeps the gun's cylinder at the belt line,what about the galco concealable is this a low ride or a high ride OWB holster?
Bianchi and Safriland (at least) both have holsters that fit this description.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts