Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't seem to find these anywhere. I remember I used to see them on places like masterofconcealment.com and Glockstore.com, but I don't anymore, heck, both those sites used to have 5-6 pages of holsters, and now they are down to two. What I am looking for is a clip on IWB holster (for my Kahr) where the clip is really high up on the holster, and the gun sits low on the waistband. I want this for an appendix carry easy slip on. I bought both the Uncle Mikes AND the Blackhawk! nylon IWB, but they don't work for me, and sit way to high.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

·
Registered
74 Posts
You should check out the DeSantis "Insider" and Bell Charter Oak has the "A.C.E." and the "Gun Gone IWB". Both mention that they are available for at least some Kahr models.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I've been keeping my eye out for them for similar reasons. The most common one I can find is the Desantis Insider, but haven't actually gone through with trying one out yet.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
I have the RMLowrider..just as the name states it rides low(which is GOOD ..dont want a high ride in the middle of your ribs holster thats totally Uncomfortable!)

http://rmholsters.com/store/

"Your gun virtually disappears when wearing this IWB.
The design puts the gun lower in the belt line than any
other holster we've seen. Strong and simple belt clamp is
cut out to accommodate belt loops and holds Low Rider
securely in place. Some folks are wearing this holster
without a belt..."

its the only holster I will use(as long as he makes it for the gun)

and yes it also works WITHOUT a belt. I in fact wore mine today WITHOUT a belt.

·
Banned
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The ones from Bell Charter are exactly what I am looking for, but dang 80 bucks? I will keep those in mind, but I will still keep looking for something a little cheaper. I just want this holster for when the G19 in the Supertuck is not an option, and neither is pocket carry. 80 bucks is too much for a "once in a while" type holster.

·
Banned
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have the RMLowrider..just as the name states it rides low(which is GOOD ..dont want a high ride in the middle of your ribs holster thats totally Uncomfortable!)

RM Holster Works

"Your gun virtually disappears when wearing this IWB.
The design puts the gun lower in the belt line than any
other holster we've seen. Strong and simple belt clamp is
cut out to accommodate belt loops and holds Low Rider
securely in place. Some folks are wearing this holster
without a belt..."

its the only holster I will use(as long as he makes it for the gun)

and yes it also works WITHOUT a belt. I in fact wore mine today WITHOUT a belt.

Hmm..that one seems kind of high too..like he "Insider".

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Hmm..that one seems kind of high too..like he "Insider".
dont know. works great for me keeps just enough of the grip up above belt line so you can get a nice grip on the gun to draw..thats about all thats above the pant line. I HATE highride holsters I wont use or own one. and I dont ever carry OWB except for the range.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Maybe you're looking for a push-up holster (search for Galco Push Up)? They don't seem to have it for anything as large as a Kahr, but you might be able to find something of a similar design.

·
Banned
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here is my TT Gunleather Mike's Special. I don't think you can get much lower.

Yea, I have a Supertuck now for my G19, which is like yours, and love it, but for the Kahr I want a clip on style, easy on/off.

·
Banned
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Maybe you're looking for a push-up holster (search for Galco Push Up)? They don't seem to have it for anything as large as a Kahr, but you might be able to find something of a similar design.
That would work to, but I don't think size wise it would. The Bell Charter ones look great too, but too much for a once in a while. I think I might just get one from The Holster Store (I also have on for my glock) and ask them if they can sew the clip on a little higher..?

Also, how about an adjustable cant clip on? I would love to carry just before noon, preferably with a rearword cant. How would that work?

·
Registered
41,511 Posts
G19, you said you had a holster from The Holster Store but not which model. I have the Pro Carry LT for my Glock and the pistol rides considerably lower than the same "HD" model. Might take a glance at that.

It seems to fit your requirements, and you already know the pricing and quality if you have one. I haven't had any complaints with mine, other than I should have ordered it with the forward cant--my fault.

·
Registered
641 Posts
A FIST deep cover concealment clip holster along with how it looks when worn

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Desantis also has the Invisible and several adjustable cant IWB holsters...

·
Banned
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
G19, you said you had a holster from The Holster Store but not which model. I have the Pro Carry LT for my Glock and the pistol rides considerably lower than the same "HD" model. Might take a glance at that.

It seems to fit your requirements, and you already know the pricing and quality if you have one. I haven't had any complaints with mine, other than I should have ordered it with the forward cant--my fault.
It is the HD, the more sturdier one, also with a cant. It is pretty low (not quite as low as I would like), but I am sure the Kahr might even go lower because it's smaller. I was thinking of trying the LT version for the Kahr and seeing if they can put the clip a little higher, and also get a rearward cant to use as a cross draw.

·
Banned
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Desantis also has the Invisible and several adjustable cant IWB holsters...
Not liking that exposed trigger, although I do like the idea.

The Insider looks how I would want it, but with the rearward cant.

Man I'm picky, lol.

Edit: The Desantis site is out of the the Insider, but other sites that have them don't look the same...the clip is not as high.

http://www.desantisholster.com:80/s...action=prepare_detail&itm_id=6312&itm_index=0

http://www.lapolicegear.com/desantis-the-insider-holster.html

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
The 'Mr Softy' is one of my all time favorite holsters...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts