Defensive Carry banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
1943 - 2009
10,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought this 1911 Tool Kit from http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/productdetail.aspx?p=7957&s=20202 Its handle contains all the tools needed to disassemble any 1911 pistol, including those with FLGRs. Really handy to carry in the range bag, so you'll always have a sight adjustment screwdriver at hand. Despite its name, the kit will also service other guns, of course, like S&W sideplate screws & rear sights, as well as most other adjustable rear sights, scope rings and mounts.

To use, turn the selector ring to match up with the appropriate tool symbol, invert the handle so the tool slides out, then lock it in place with the locking ring.

Speaking of Brownells, their customer service was superb, as usual. Delivery time was 3 days. I sure hope they never go out of business. They are without peer!:king:

·
1943 - 2009
10,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bud White said:
i was wondering if i should get one works pretty good huh?
Well, it"s up to you, Bud, but I like it.

·
Premium Member
25,481 Posts
Sounds very handy - in fact anything that goes along easily in the range bag is well worth having.

I usually ''get away with'' my trusty old range box (containing odd tools put in or made over approx 30 years) and also these days my full set of Brownells screwdrivers.

Nothing better than right tool for job with guns - and in contrast, sometimes nothing worse than trying with wrong tool!

I am still a great fan of Brownell's stellar service.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts