• S&W M&P 2.0 4.252″ Barrel length

Votes: 15 53.6%
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Yes, I still own my constant faithful 17Glock
Yes, I'm a SigP-series fanboy and love my SigSauer-pistols.
Yes, I like the CZ PO-1 and Sphinx SDP, but I prefer my trusty/reliable P229's
Yes, I already ordered the "infamous unicorn" CZ P10c
Yes, I can understand the 2nd wave interest in the admired SigP320 due to their new military selection, but not 4me.
Yes, I sold my good PPQ & P99 and never looked back.
No, I'm not interest in the HK-VP9, XD's or Canick.
--------------------------------------------

Beretta/APX -0r- M&P/2.0
:vs_cool: pls vote!

·
Registered
901 Posts
I dont like the front cocking serrations on the M&P 2.0, looks like an after thought. I also do not like the safety plug on the side. Why didnt they make it smooth, and then cut it out if you want the safety. Not cut it out, then plug it if you dont want the safety. Seems bass akwards. The lefthand side of the M&P 2.0 looks like a busy mess. The Beretta looks much more thought/planned out.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
It does not matter to me what you buy . Make your own mind up as both will please many and be disliked by many . Big boys toys !!

I will say my EDC is the one that's not for YOU for the last 2 years and have shot most of the others on your list and a few more .

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Too much coffee? If you don't have some significant contribution to offer about it and don't want to vote, pls ignore this Thread and enjoy your nice mountains.

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
I voted the M&P 2.0 simply because I have not had a chance to get my hands on the APX. However, give the APX a couple years with time to work out any bugs and it may very well be better than the M&P.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
XX I just don't see where other input matters as nether of these have been around long enough to have any more than a low round count opinion .

Try some firearm ranges and see if they have them as rentals . If readily available they will probably have both to rent and try out so you can decide what to buy .

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks in advance for any opinion about Beretta APX & M&P 2.0 pistols and pls vote!

·
Registered
247 Posts
I can't imagine buying something as ugly as that beretta when there are so many beautiful pistols out there...I have not handled it, but from the first moment I saw it, it was a definite no from me lol. It is just so ugly and the frame looks very cheap and plasticy. I have handled the m&p 2.0 and it is very nice. The grip is excellent and the trigger is very good, greatly improved from the original and much better even than my shield. My complaints are the front cocking serrations which are mostly useless, and that stupid mess by the slide release on the left side, still don't understand what that is about. M&P gets my vote here :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
909 Posts
I have nothing against the new APX, but I chose the M&P m2.0 for myself, as I waited for the unicorn P10c, and I have to say that I absolutely LOVE the new generation M&P. I have owned and/or most every polymer-framed handgun on the market, and I have owned just about every variation of the M&P family, but I can tell you that the new M&P is a completely different gun than the 1st gen M&Ps, and better in many ways than other poly-wonders on the market. I won't go into the list of improvements, since that list is everywhere on the net. What I can do is tell you that the m2.0 M&P shoots better out of the box than any polymer gun I've owned with the exception of my custom PPQ, and that is a tie at best. The new M&P m2.0 is also the first M&P that I have not needed to add Apex parts to get the perfect trigger... I even upgrade the 1st gen M&P Pro Series guns with Apex parts, but no need at all with the m2.0... You just have to know where to shape and polish to get a light, smooth trigger pull.

25-yards, off-hand group

Reactions: .XX

·
Registered
511 Posts
I can't imagine buying something as ugly as that beretta when there are so many beautiful pistols out there...I have not handled it, but from the first moment I saw it, it was a definite no from me lol. It is just so ugly and the frame looks very cheap and plasticy. I have handled the m&p 2.0 and it is very nice. The grip is excellent and the trigger is very good, greatly improved from the original and much better even than my shield. My complaints are the front cocking serrations which are mostly useless, and that stupid mess by the slide release on the left side, still don't understand what that is about. M&P gets my vote here :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Have to agree with the above, but than again the only Beretta I would own would be the shotgun variety, I haven't seen a pistol they produced that I like, but that's just my opinion.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts