Defensive Carry banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got this baby yesterday on sale for $329. I’m having a heck of a time finding a holster for it. Admittedly I’m more of a kydex IWB holster type of guy but at this point I’m willing to go back to leather just to have a holster that fits so I can carry this gun soon. For anyone else interested in this deal I got this at Rural King and they are on sale through the 28th of December. I’m having no luck after about 2 hours of surfing the web. I keep finding holsters for the integrated laser model, not the laser guard that I have.

Attachments

·
Registered
314 Posts
What's crazy to me is that CT is selling the laser by itself for about the same price as the gun. Great deal on theses.

·
Premium Member
33,776 Posts
You might well find yourself making your own holster. With that said, the Shield 45 lowers do not tolerate a holster press, so be sure to brace it (I use metal rulers) well before the press.

Heckuva deal, btw.

·
Premium Member
1,840 Posts
Try sending a request to Vedder. They'll most likely make you one. Just a thought, maybe you've tried that.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What's crazy to me is that CT is selling the laser by itself for about the same price as the gun. Great deal on theses.
Yes, I noticed that as well and that’s part of the reason I jumped on this deal. It never crossed my mind I’d have a problem finding a holster.
You might well find yourself making your own holster. With that said, the Shield 45 lowers do not tolerate a holster press, so be sure to brace it (I use metal rulers) well before the press.

Heckuva deal, btw.
Yes, the thought of making my own holster has crossed my mind. I’ve actually thought about making my own holsters for a while now but always could find a variety of holsters for the my other guns. This may be what pushes me over the edge and gets me to make my own.
Try sending a request to Vedder. They'll most likely make you one. Just a thought, maybe you've tried that.
Good idea, that’ll be my ace in the hole in case all else fails.

·
Registered
90 Posts
A dumb question but Isn't the laserguard considered an"intergrated "laser.I was under the impression ,maybe mistakenly,that intergrated meant lasergard and not on the rail laser.If so crossbreed holsters have holsters for them.

·
Registered
314 Posts
A dumb question but Isn't the laserguard considered an"intergrated "laser.I was under the impression ,maybe mistakenly,that intergrated meant lasergard and not on the rail laser.If so crossbreed holsters have holsters for them.
No it's not a intergrated laser like is available for the Shield 2.0 9mm and 40s&w. It's a separate part that attaches to the trigger guard.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I got my holster for the same weapon from Just Holster It.

Been using it for a year now and it actually also works on my other Shield 45 PC without the laser.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Just got this baby yesterday on sale for $329. I’m having a heck of a time finding a holster for it. Admittedly I’m more of a kydex IWB holster type of guy but at this point I’m willing to go back to leather just to have a holster that fits so I can carry this gun soon. For anyone else interested in this deal I got this at Rural King and they are on sale through the 28th of December. I’m having no luck after about 2 hours of surfing the web. I keep finding holsters for the integrated laser model, not the laser guard that I have.
I bit ago I got a CT Laserguard for my XDS. I'm having a similar problem finding something for a kydex IWB for mine.

Check Cook's Holsters. On Your Six Designs. Vedder. Foxx Holsters. Blade-Tech made holsters for CT, to be bundled with the Laserguard. They might have some separate. Dale Fricke. Multiholsters. I got one from "Detroit Kydex", off etsy. It's cheap, "workable, I guess", but I want better.

These are ones I found in my own search, for the combination I need.

Yes, I have considered making my own, and also expanding my search to leather holsters.

Good luck.

----edit to add-----

Blade Tech, looks like they have Shield 45 IWB in stock: https://blade-tech.com/products/ctc-ambi-klipt?rq=mk_springfield~md_xds-4-w-lg-469&variant=5863227424796

1 - 9 of 9 Posts