Defensive Carry banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a new cleaning kit for a M4....was considering a standard .22Cal Kit like an Outters but hear the cleaning rods are tight fitting in the Bbls. Was also considering a .17Cal. cleaning rod...don't care much for the snake types......Hmmm...suggestions please.

·
Registered
9,464 Posts
Are you looking or something for travel? Personally I think having a universal cleaning kit is better than buying individual cleaning kits for each gun.

·
Banned
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nah..Range or Home....just something better than the GI steel rod if possible.

·
Registered
9,464 Posts
Have you looked at Otis?

·
Registered
273 Posts
Outters are good, I also have a letterman MUT EOD which I actually use quite often,. I like the option that I can connect the rot's directly to it

cheers ;-

·
Super Moderator
19,885 Posts
The part that needs more attention from a cleaning kit is the chamber and the locking lugs, and you don't need more than a pistol-length rod and a chamber brush for that. Chrome-lined bores don't take a lot of cleaning. The advantage of the steel GI rod is that it has minimal flex, which reduces the likelihood of the rod contacting the rifling. I've got .17 and .22 cal 1-piece rods here *Dewey and Tipton), but I never found a need to use the .17 on an AR.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts