Defensive Carry banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A co-worker tried to order some M855 ammo from Freddom Munitions the other day and the order was declined. Theyadvised him that they can no longer ship "armor piercing" ammo to Maine and several other states...

1) Since when is M855 classified as "armor piercing"?
B) Has anyone else run into this? I'm thinking their just confused..

I mail order M855 every month and have never run into any problems.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Since the OP has mentioned that he, himself mail orders M855 monthly, shipped to the same state, I'm guessing this is an issue with Freedom Munitions and what they consider to be AP ammo... covering their butts for something...

Perhaps whoppo's coworker should order from whomever whoppo gets his M855 ammo.

·
Registered
229 Posts
855 has traditionally been called armor piercing, when in reality it isn't. Still, the steel tip can make one believe that it is. Obviously Freedom Munitions doesn't want any parts of it possibly being called armor piercing, so they embargo it to those states that don't allow the AP stuff. I'm not sure I blame them actually.

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Since the OP has mentioned that he, himself mail orders M855 monthly, shipped to the same state, I'm guessing this is an issue with Freedom Munitions and what they consider to be AP ammo... covering their butts for something...

Perhaps whoppo's coworker should order from whomever whoppo gets his M855 ammo.
Actually one of my recent orders was 500rds of M856 steel tipped tracers... from Freedom Munitions.
I mostly buy LC or PMC XTAC M855 from PSA or SGammo... they still love me :)

·
Registered
9,893 Posts
Only ammo I have heard issues with is Tracers in FL and I think CA some of the weird stuff like bolo rounds and such again FL

AP ammo yes again FL bans Handgun AP ammo

But m855 that is a first guess some palces are calling it such

But 10-1 it may just be how far out your buddy is and what shipping option to him are not legal ..

·
Registered
26 Posts
Speaking of Freedom Munitions, has anyone had any experience with their Reman ammo (5.56)? Wondering how the quality/dependability is.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts