Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,740 Posts
I give him a lot of credit for being willing to be a test-case.

·
Registered
123 Posts
"I'd still be concerned if it wasn't law enforcement because what happens if I accidentally bump into him," said Chris Dwight, who was visiting from Seattle. "What's the reaction going to be?"
Chris Dwight gets the idiot of the day award for that statement.

Are people really such sheep that they think like this?

If he called the law here, they'd say something like "So?".

Daryl

·
Registered
51 Posts
Damn people are stupid!

"I'd still be concerned if it wasn't law enforcement because what happens if I accidentally bump into him," said Chris Dwight, who was visiting from Seattle. "What's the reaction going to be?"
The reaction would be "Excuse me ma'am, I didn't see you there." as he continued on his way if he bumped you. But if You bump into them then the proper thing to do would be to apologize to the guy you bumped into just as if he didn't have a gun. It's that simple! No one is gong to pull out their openly carried gun and shoot you because they bumped into you or you bumped into them!

·
Premium Member
24,508 Posts
Yates said while the gun was loaded, there was not a bullet in the chamber, and his actions were to prove a point about how difficult it is to openly carry a gun in Wisconsin.
Young Mr. Yates needs to rethink how he carrys. Loaded mag with an empty chamber is still an expensive paperweight.

Other than that I think he'll beat the ticket. I'd be surprised if it even goes to court. The way the story reads there was no basis for the disorderly conduct charge.

·
Registered
500 Posts
It will get worse before it gets better...

·
Registered
15,177 Posts
It's gonna take more than one lawsuit to get the ball rolling,but then again they may just make it illegal to OC also

·
Registered
304 Posts
Hey, Kudos to the dude (that's right, he made dude status) for trying an open carry.

·
Registered
11,499 Posts

Are people really such sheep that they think like this?

If he called the law here, they'd say something like "So?".

Daryl
I open carry daily and people have bumped into me. Just last Saturday, I walked around the corner of an isle in the local Kroger and a lady bumped into me. I dropped 2 of the items I was carrying. I don't remember freaking out and shooting the place up.

Chris Dwight is a real fool. But, since he is an anti-gunner, that is somewhat of a redundant statement isn't it?

·
Registered
5,142 Posts
Too bad it wasn't me, I'm retired(meaning I have the time), so I would have started walking again after being dropped off at home and force them to arrest me instead of just a ticket. Then my wife could call every news crew around and say her husband was arrested for standing up for his rights as an American.:image035:

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
I'd still be concerned if it wasn't law enforcement because what happens if I accidentally bump into him," said Chris Dwight, who was visiting from Seattle. "What's the reaction going to be?

hes going to shoot you seven times then dance around your body singing glory hal la lu ya....you are right to be scared Chris..:tired:

·
Registered
911 Posts
Remember, this is a city that passed laws making sub 4" handguns and hollowpoint ammo illeagle.

·
Registered
79 Posts
It's Madison

:aargh4:This is just typical behavior from LE in Madison, I hope this isn't the end of this and the individual who was cited, when vindicated, sues the city for violating his constitutional rights.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Damn people are stupid!

The reaction would be "Excuse me ma'am, I didn't see you there." as he continued on his way if he bumped you. But if You bump into them then the proper thing to do would be to apologize to the guy you bumped into just as if he didn't have a gun. It's that simple! No one is gong to pull out their openly carried gun and shoot you because they bumped into you or you bumped into them!
I'm thinking that "Mr." Dwight posses female anatomy...........:rofl:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Remember, this is a city that passed laws making sub 4" handguns and hollowpoint ammo illeagle.
WOW! didnt realize that Wisconsin sucked that bad. Apparently they have little regard for the US Constitution and its ammendments. They might as well succeed from the union and we can send all the liberal anti-gunners there.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Good for him. I hope more people start to do this. If the cops were arresting hundreds of people a day then having to prove in court "disorderly conduct" I think they would think twice about suppressing our rights. I wish him luck.

·
Registered
44 Posts

Daryl
Especially since he hails from Washington State, where 5% of the population have concealed pistol licenses and open carry is perfectly legal.

In Washington State, roughly 5% of the people have a concealed pistol license. Even if you figure only 40% of the licensed carry on a regular basis, that means that the odds are that on average, two people out of every 100 you pass on the street are carrying a gun.

I sometimes think it would be interesting for everyone who usually carries concealed to wear distinctive clothing (like, say, an orange cap) on the same day, so that the general populace might realize how many concealed carriers they encounter every day. The caps could have lettering on them that reads "We're here. We're armed. Get used to it."

1 - 20 of 35 Posts