Defensive Carry banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Got a bulk buy mag lot had these with it .. No idea .. Any one ? And vaule if any of any of them I might sell some ..

Thank!

·
Super Moderator
19,222 Posts
The curved ones definitely look like they belong to CZs, not sure about the straight ones. Anything stamped on the baseplates?

·
Registered
9,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The curved ones definitely look like they belong to CZs, not sure about the straight ones. Anything stamped on the baseplates?

Nope none of them are marked .. the far right one is marked 22 long rifle only ..but none of them have any manfuctore marking

·
Registered
5,946 Posts
The first on the left is from an old style Marlin rifle. the tip off is the mag release in part of the mag. the mag on the far right "may be" for a Mossberg training rifle. the tip off will be if you look down on it's feed lips , it should be shaped like an old fashioned key hole. Almost round at the top and somewhat triangled coming down the sides. or if it has straight sides it may fit a Model 70 Marlin, if it is for the Marlin it will have a squared hole along its spine for the mag release.
The second from the right could be a new style for a 22 mag or 17 HMR. it should fit a Marlin or Savage. the difference would be where the mag release hangs on. if its a 4 shot Marlin the release catches the bottom of the rail along its back.
The plastic curved should be for a CZ. DR
The other two I'm not sure about.

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
The curved ones look like the same that my older Remington 581 S takes. FWIW, they were available in 5 rd and 10 rd models and mine have no markings. You may want to try loading them and see how many rounds they hold that may narrow it down some. Good luck!

edit* I agree the straight one on the end looks like a Marlin semi-auto mag.

Reactions: dangerranger

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
The third one from the left looks my CZ 452 5 round mags. It appears to be missing the base plate that mine has.

·
Super Moderator
18,241 Posts
The third one from the left looks to be for a Remington Model 511. If it is unmarked then it is likely aftermarket.

Actually any of several manufactures including Remington ripped off the ubiquitous original Winchester Model 52 magazine design. They all look alike as if they would interchange. Of course they don't, but if they're unmarked is unmarked then you almost need to have rifles on hand in which to try them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts