Defensive Carry banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a ruger lcp custom and was thinking about picking up an extra mag since it only comes with one. Do you guys carry an extra mag on you or no, it seems like it would be very uncomfortable? If so what do you carry it in? Thanks Anthony

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
19,888 Posts
If you carry a defensive sidearm, you absolutley need to carry spare ammunition. In the case of a semi-auto, the most likely cause of a feeding failure is magazine-related, so to quickly remedy such a problem you need to strip out the mag and get a fresh one in the gun. Google "remedial action drills."

If I'm carrying a smallish automatic like yours, I carry a spare mag in a clipless pouch in my weakside front pocket. The pouch keeps foreign matter out of the mag and also prevents the top round from becoming dislodged.

·
Premium Member
1,047 Posts
Carry a spare. Got tired of cleaning the pocket dust out of my spare carry mag, so now, for both my 380 and 9mm I now carry two extra mags in a Fobus mag pouch.

Reactions: rcsoftexas

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have a Recluse pocket holster that also holds a second 6 round magazine. Ruger makes a nice 7 round extended mag that I would suggest picking up.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
38 Posts
I will carry an extra mag as soon as I find a good mag pouch.

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
I carry an LCP Custom in a Aholster Co. Kydex holster in my right front pocket with the Ruger 7 round magazine in the gun and a 10 round ProMag magazine in a Remora mag holder in my left rear pocket. Easy to grab and conceal and I don't notice either one. 18 rounds of 380 when I can only get away with deep concealment is not bad. Otherwise its a 357 revo on the belt.

·
Premium Member
Lenexa, KS (Kansas City Metro)
865 Posts
I have two Safariland 123 horizontal mag holders from Amazon for about $17 each for my Glock 17 and 30. Extremely comfortable because they are horizontal and don't dig into my side. They conceal very well and with a tucked in shirt they don't look like a mag holder. Highly recommend them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts