Defensive Carry banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a Springfield Armory 45XD. It came with two clips, one 10 round, and one 13 round. I noticed this morning that the 10 round clip rattles when I put more than 7 or 8 rounds in it. It varies. I emptied the clip and reloaded several times, and every time it is fine until I get about 7 to 8 rounds in it and then it will rattle if shaken. It even rattles when it is in the firearm. The 13 round clip is fine. I have it fully loaded and it does not rattle at all. Has anyone ever seen this? Do I have a bad clip?

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
I believe it is normal, I have a FNP 40 that does the same thing and I asked about it on the FNH forum, all answered normal. I assume the XD is the same. Mine rattles when full (14 rounds) but is silen once I rack a round into the chamber. I carry chambered anyway.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
normal

·
Registered
7,585 Posts
Normal for magazines...

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Like others have pointed out, this is normal. They seem to rattle with even number of rounds. Load ten, rack one into the pipe and see if it still rattles.

·
Premium Member
5,765 Posts
Some of my five XD45 mags rattle, some don't...

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks folks. I did a little investigating and looking through the holes in the back of the mag I can see the rounds on one side move as I tip the mag end to end. Seems weird to me that they would be that loose in there with all the spring pressure of a full mag. In fact, they tighten up and stop rattling around when a couple of rounds are taken out. What is even more puzzling is my 13 round mag does not do this at all. I even took the mag apart to see if something weird was going on in there. Strange.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yep, the rattling goes away after chambering a round. But if I pull the mag out, it starts rattling again. As long as the mag is in with one round chambered, it does not rattle. Strange indeed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts