Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is an article written by a person I consider my friend and my first instructor (although he refuses to be called that. He says he is just a guy who spent lots of money on training over the years) and I thought you guys and lovely ladies would like to read.

Magic bullet? Magic caliber? Magic gun? You know the answer.

·
Super Moderator
4,964 Posts
Abso-friggin-lutely!

Matt

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
nice write up

·
Registered
988 Posts
It's also very "common sense." If you're shooting a .45acp when you are comfortable only with a .38, I'd take a hit with the .38 over a miss with that .45 every day of the week. If you're not shooting something you are comfortable with and accurate with, you might as well be shooting nothing at all.

·
Super Moderator
25,537 Posts
Great article, I'll have to remember parts of that the next time I'm asked.

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
Good article- Thanks for posting the link- :hand10:

·
Premium Member
25,483 Posts
Says about all that need be said.

OK, no .40 mentioned but really not too important bearing in mind the overall message.

·
Registered
135 Posts
This article may have been written before the 40 was popular.

I agree with him exactly. Pistols are under powered and not a first choice if you know you are going to get in a gun fight. Their value is in the fact that they are portable and always with you.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Excellent Article! Not to ruffle any feathers...but would it be appropriate to post this at the end of the '9mm vs 45 debate' thread and put that thing to bed?

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
Landor said:
What happened to the .40 S&W? :confused: Is it not considered a good carry weapon?
Well he did mension the 10mm and the 40 is a 10mm light:danceban: .

·
Registered
822 Posts
Well, I may not be able to have the F-16 but if I knew I was going to be in a gun fight I'd buy a Mig off Ebay :blink:

Good write-up. I wished I could carry my .45's again, especially the USP but until my "hips" return, I'm down to a .38 in an ankle holster :icon_neutral: .

I practice with all my guns but I will admit that I don't pratice enough and I need to put a couple of hundred of rounds through the G23 before I use it as my car gun and I need to get the .38 back to the range because the last time I shot it was right after I bought it and I may be abet rusty :frown: .

Wayne

·
Premium Member
6,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hmmm I am gonna have to ask him about the .40
I have heard some people the .40 call is a solution in search of a problem.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Right on target!!
Thanks for posting!!! :smile:

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
Come on guys ! Quit frettin' about calibers.... Sure...its one mans opinion but the message is universal. It all depends on how you can use it...

·
Registered
615 Posts
Great article ! Short, logical order, hits the main points very well, doesn't slam you with "my way" or no way. Just makes plain sense!:tongue:

·
Premium Member
6,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Prospector said:
doesn't slam you with "my way" or no way.
That has always been his main message. We have a Drills day every month at our club where he is the "Not-Instructor" and he goes through the basics over and over and all possible variations of techniques he knows. His motto is "Use the one that works for you." If you shoot better isosceles instead of Weaver, then use Isosceles or if you shoot better one handed, then do it. There is no wrong way if you put the holes where you intended.

·
Registered
6,011 Posts
The only magic bullets in extistence of which I'm aware are the ones killed JFK in Dallas....in 1962. Of course they exited from a weapon of magical accuracy: The Carcano Carbine. Perhaps the Dark Lord (He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named) was lurking about in Dallas that cold November day....

1 - 20 of 26 Posts