Defensive Carry banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So... I have been itching to find an M&P9 2.0 compact. The 3.6" was my first choice, but I wasn't going to turn down a deal on 4" either. I have had two main problems:

1) Everyone is cleaned out of just about everything. It seems prospective buyers are lucky find anything that goes bang, much less any specific model. A whole lot of panic buying happening and new gun owners popping up everywhere. And ....

2) I need to sell my current compact size CZ 9mm to fund the M&P. I am sure I can get more than enough out of it, but I haven't listed it anywhere yet because I have a good friend who wants to see it. He's been very busy.

Yesterday afternoon I was combing around on a few auction sites etc and hidden on page 2 or 3 of one of my searches was a 3.6" M&P 2.0 with no manual safety - exactly what I have been trying to find!. The auction was going to be over in about 90 mins. Having already resigned myself to passing on the opportunity, I mentioned to my wife that I couldn't help but wonder if I was being too generous to my friend who is in the market, and mentioned I wish I had sold the CZ already. With no design or strategy, I innocently told her about the auction I would have to pass up.

It was then that she uttered a truly magical phrase. "People are going crazy right now," she began, "and we have enough in our savings account. I think you should buy it." I could hear the clouds parting above me. I knew I would probably never hear such words again, but I was hearing them now. She didnt have to tell me twice. I put in a bid right away. I won at the minimum bid.

And so it is, that on Saturday my local FFL is getting my very lightly used M&P9 2.0 compact 3.6" with 3 mags, which I got for an excellent price. Oh, and I ordered some sights and a holster too, of course.

I have the best wife in the world. Of course, I should say, she earned such a title long before saying that golden phrase to me yesterday. Now I just need to sell that CZ...

Has anyone else heard the same words or similar? If you have, what did you get to buy/do?

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Registered
Congrats on the pistol, good choice.

Recently got a case of 10mm FMJ; my wife said, "Maybe you should get two". 馃槏

Reactions: ctr and Arejay

Premium Member
Lucky dog!
Mention a new firearm to the Mrs. and all I get is a NO.
Lucky for me she never notices the new ones I happen to sneak into the house.
Cash keeps me out of a lot of trouble. No credit card trail.
This old thing? No dear I have had it for years!

Premium Member
"How many guns do I really have?? Well, I'm not sure, dear, I'll have to get back to you on that." Congratulations of the new gun; it's always good to find exactly what you're looking for, and even better to get the better half's blessing. I'm actually blessed to have a shooting wife who is generally ok with my purchases.

Reactions: OldChap

Premium Member
Mrs. Ctr is pretty good about such things. I have an 鈥渁llowance鈥 and as long as purchases stay within it things are fine.

You have a fine wife, something more valuable than all the gold in the world. Now a smart man, and I鈥檓 not telling you what to do here, but a smart man would go and get flowers for that fine wife and tell her how much he appreciates her.

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Mrs. Ctr is pretty good about such things. I have an 鈥渁llowance鈥 and as long as purchases stay within it things are fine.

You have a fine wife, something more valuable than all the gold in the world. Now a smart man, and I鈥檓 not telling you what to do here, but a smart man would go and get flowers for that fine wife and tell her how much he appreciates her.
Agreed. This gun purchase will have a bouquet to finish it off. We hit 15 years as of today, so flowers are a guarantee!

Registered
So... I have been itching to find an M&P9 2.0 compact. The 3.6" was my first choice, but I wasn't going to turn down a deal on 4" either. I have had two main problems:

1) Everyone is cleaned out of just about everything. It seems prospective buyers are lucky find anything that goes bang, much less any specific model. A whole lot of panic buying happening and new gun owners popping up everywhere. And ....

2) I need to sell my current compact size CZ 9mm to fund the M&P. I am sure I can get more than enough out of it, but I haven't listed it anywhere yet because I have a good friend who wants to see it. He's been very busy.

Yesterday afternoon I was combing around on a few auction sites etc and hidden on page 2 or 3 of one of my searches was a 3.6" M&P 2.0 with no manual safety - exactly what I have been trying to find!. The auction was going to be over in about 90 mins. Having already resigned myself to passing on the opportunity, I mentioned to my wife that I couldn't help but wonder if I was being too generous to my friend who is in the market, and mentioned I wish I had sold the CZ already. With no design or strategy, I innocently told her about the auction I would have to pass up.

It was then that she uttered a truly magical phrase. "People are going crazy right now," she began, "and we have enough in our savings account. I think you should buy it." I could hear the clouds parting above me. I knew I would probably never hear such words again, but I was hearing them now. She didnt have to tell me twice. I put in a bid right away. I won at the minimum bid.

And so it is, that on Saturday my local FFL is getting my very lightly used M&P9 2.0 compact 3.6" with 3 mags, which I got for an excellent price. Oh, and I ordered some sights and a holster too, of course.

I have the best wife in the world. Of course, I should say, she earned such a title long before saying that golden phrase to me yesterday. Now I just need to sell that CZ...

Has anyone else heard the same words or similar? If you have, what did you get to buy/do?

After going on 50 years with a wife, I urge cautious optimism. Enjoy the times she actually says "yes". If she is a typical wife, she will soon learn that she can lead you around by the invisible ring in your nose, throw a tantrum and watch you cave to even the most oddball demand, and finally change you from the bull of the house into the steer. (You city folk will have to consult someone as to the difference!)

Enjoy your youth and learn to say MOOOOO in a deep bass voice.

@KILTED COWBOY The CIA people just imagine they are Spooks. They got nothin' on us brother!

Reactions: ctr and Rabbit212

Registered

Well, I鈥榲e heard similar words a couple of times, usually when discussing why her project I鈥檓 working on is taking too long. As soon as she says 鈥淲ell, go get what you need and get back here!鈥, I鈥檓 headed to get the 鈥渞ight鈥 power tool for the job. It also worked for my Jeep. I was looking for a used general purpose vehicle, and finally looked at some Jeeps. Now, to put things in perspective: she is not a big fan of our Army days. So, she didn鈥檛 like the one I was looking at, and said 鈥淲hat about this one? It鈥檚 newer with fewer miles on it.鈥. I pointed out that it was Army green with camo rims, and her response was 鈥淥K.鈥. I signed the papers before she could come to her senses. 馃槅

Registered
After going on 50 years with a wife, I urge cautious optimism. Enjoy the times she actually says "yes". If she is a typical wife, she will soon learn that she can lead you around by the invisible ring in your nose, throw a tantrum and watch you cave to even the most oddball demand, and finally change you from the bull of the house into the steer. (You city folk will have to consult someone as to the difference!)

Enjoy your youth and learn to say MOOOOO in a deep bass voice.

View attachment 334805

@KILTED COWBOY The CIA people just imagine they are Spooks. They got nothin' on us brother!
Something about men being like floor tiles..........

Premium Member
Agreed. This gun purchase will have a bouquet to finish it off. We hit 15 years as of today, so flowers are a guarantee!

Congratulations!

Registered
So....you have a great wife too. I tell mine, of 41 years and counting, " in the darkness of the gun case they simply reproduce and multiply".....she just grins and says "Sure they do". On the other had she was instrumental in the purchase of our jeep back in '95.

Registered
A good woman is better than money in the bank. One who reconizes the wisdom of being armed is a treasure. Congrats on the wife, the gun and the anniversary.

Reactions: ctr

Premium Member
My wife never questions or complains about any of my gun related purchases. In fact, she urges me to go more expensive . "You know, you get what you pay for...." she says. I guess I got her used to the idea with my lifelong penchant for expensive fly fishing gear. It makes it even harder sometimes -- I have to be the one that reigns myself in. :rolleyes:

Registered
Discussion Starter #16
Keep that woman!! Buy her a really stupid expensive purse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That was a precursor last week. Italian leather does wonders. But no, it wasn't strategic. She's just plain worth it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts