Defensive Carry banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was checking their sight and was wondering if their work is worth it.

Was toying with the idea of haveing some of their work done to a firearm or two.

Does anyone have any work they had done? How was the quality? Or what the opinion of their work is?

I would think it would void any warranty form the gun's manufacturer.

·
Registered
641 Posts
I have had several large revos worked on by Magna Port. Read the claims made by Magna Port carefully as they are on point and extremely accurate. What Magna Port says will happen - will happen.

The larger the revo the more recoil will be reduced. Also the more the reduction the larger the sound of the discharge will be. So loud I just quit having guns ported. Rather live with the recoil than the sound.

·
Premium Member
13,164 Posts
Frog:

I had Magna Port do their thing to a S&W 99c .40. They do great work, but I regret my decision. I should have just traded the gun and bought something with less inherent muzzle tilt.

I think I would sum it up this way. I think you can trust them to do the job right. Only you know if porting your gun makes sense for you. I've heard some good reasons not to--- like making shooting from retention difficult or impossible. This of course is irrelevant for a range gun.

Not that it matters, it sure makes the slide look cool.

As for warranty, in my case S&W not only made the recommendation that I get it ported, they handled the whole transaction for me. Even the billing came through S&W. They sent the gun to Magna Port and they returned the completed gun to me; exactly as if they were the source of the work.

·
Administrator
143,837 Posts
You will not void your factory warranty with Mag-Na-Port.

If you have your heart set on getting your firearm ported then Mag-Na-Port should be the only porting process that you should consider.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. No I don't have my heart set on it.....but it's in the mix of things if I want to trick out a range gun.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
I have a ported 10 mm Delta Elite. It works well. Very noisy but the porting does the job.

·
Premium Member
2,652 Posts
Well, I’m glad I dropped into this thread. I’m just about ready to ship out my new 640 to H. Bowen for some trick work, and I was contemplating adding the porting to the mix. I already have a factory ported 642-P and frankly, I really don’t notice a big difference between a non-ported equivalent.

·
Super Moderator
18,108 Posts
Big hunting guns...yes.

Self Defense guns...no.

It is my experience that a self defense gun that has been magnaported is more of a hinderance with it than it is without it.

Too much blast,unburnt powder in the face and it is very,very hard on the ears.It can be very distracting.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts