Defensive Carry banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats the word on the desert eagle 1911 government?? looks pretty nice just wanna know what the reviews are on it before I run out and buy one. Also the para GI expert caught my eye. couldn't belive how cheap they are and always like a new 1911.

·
Registered
844 Posts
I'm interested in this also. I'm waiting for the compact to come out in December (?) and am interested if anyone has an insight on the Magnum Research 1911.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've had one for a few months now. Only about 150 rounds through it, but the gun itself has been flawless so far. The slide movement is really smooth compared to other non-1911 pistols I've owned and the trigger pull is really good. They advertise around 4 lbs and my finger meter says that sounds pretty close. Also, there is not any creep in the trigger at all. Only one downside to date. During my first range outing the rear sight broke off. Based on the way it broke and the looks of the pieces I believe that the company that made the sight had a flaw in their manufacturing process. MR made good on the repair and paid shipping both ways since it was under warranty. I have no complaints and have not run into anyone else who has experienced that particular failure. If you have any more specific questions I'd be happy to try and answer them.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! What is a good price to pay for a M.R. 1911?

·
Registered
844 Posts
Thanks for the information!!

·
Registered
316 Posts
I don't have one, but have only read positive remarks over on the 1911 forums. The biggest complaint are the large rollmarks on the left side of the slide. I could live with that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts