Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Banned
1,438 Posts
i saw one of these recently. i don't think i'd want one, for the simple fact that i can get a pocket .380 a whole lot cheaper than what they'd want for theirs, and worked just as well. if i'm gonna pay top $$ for a pocket gun, i'd get a Kahr .380.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It does look like a Grendel.

The ones listed on gunbroker (newer ones?) at moment look somewhat like a Kel Tec too.

Attachments

·
Registered
169 Posts
looks like a ZVI Kevin clone

I'm heading to the gun show in a few minutes... I'll see if I can track one down and see how it feels in the hand. I had a P3-AT that I hated, but this one looks pretty interesting

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
IIRC there is another thread about here and it was stated that it is a ZVI Kevin imported and stamped with the Magnum Reasearch name.

As jahwarrior mentioned, in that price range, I'd probably go with the Kahr
(if they actually hit the shelves.....LOL)

·
Registered
745 Posts
Horrible..just awful. They have one at buds gunshop. I pulled the trigger on it today and handed it back just as quick.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Saw one at the gun show today, and I though it said Micro Desert Eagle (or perhaps what's what the fellow who was handling it said). We agreed that "Desert Sparrow" might be a better name.

Not to be disrespectful of it as a firearm, however: I'll let the folks who know guns weigh in on it. I was just amused by the name.

·
Premium Member
1,737 Posts
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, the beholder must be blind, cause that thing is butt ugly.:tongue:

Z

·
Registered
657 Posts
Yeah, I'm all about form follows function... but there's gotta be something functional out there that looks better... cuz that thing is BUTT UGLY.

·
Registered
353 Posts
For those folks who like to drop a gun in their pocket, it's fine. I prefer something more fun at the range as well as portable. I suspect this piece is as snappy as the Kel-Tec and LCP.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
If anybody's looking for one of these, my local dealer has 4 of them. I handled the gun but didn't pull the trigger so can't say anything about how the trigger felt. Fairly heavy gun but looks well made. Didn't trip my trigger, but not everything does. Priced at $529.95. He always deals with me but don't know how he'd deal over the phone. Contact is John's Sports Center. Stand up guy and solid dealer. Family business for over 40 years. Some photos I took while in there today are below.

Hoss

·
Registered
53 Posts
In following up the links above I was able to go to a site for the "Kevin" which seems to be what this is. In Europe you can get an 8-round mag as well as 6-round and there's also mention of 9MM Makarov as well as 380 caliber. Don't know if that would add any real power advantage in an extremely short barrel (2.2")
In looking at the pictures thjey appear to come with several different finishes and grips including the worst excuse for engraving ever done on anything. The pressed-in "engraving" on my childhood cap guns looked much better. :rolleyes:
Despite their small size they're much too heavy for a pocket pistol. You'd end up needing an IWB or similar to really carry it and there are much more appealing guns to carry there.
Kel-Tec works for me. :danceban:

·
Administrator
21,034 Posts
For those folks who like to drop a gun in their pocket, it's fine. I prefer something more fun at the range as well as portable. I suspect this piece is as snappy as the Kel-Tec and LCP.
Actually, all steel .380s are rather enjoyable to shoot. My Mustangs are bit larger, but shoot 3x as nice as a P3AT. And better still than the larger, alloy framed Bersa .380.

·
Registered
838 Posts
We agreed that "Desert Sparrow" might be a better name.
:rofl:
I hate to disagree , but I think its from the Tortoise family.:hand5:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Without doubt heavier is nicer to shoot but lighter hides in pockets when heavy sags and prints out. Pocket pistols only do what's needed when they really hide in a pocket or clip on in a hidden spot. My Kel-Tec 380 rides in the watch pocket of my jeans most of the time which is right there all year...even with no shirt on. It's almost like open carry but doesn't show at all. Invisible but fast. This is my standard for a hide-out gun. The snappish recoil is something we just have to accept.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts