Defensive Carry banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
and what does MR customer support say about repair, turn-around time, etc? Are there enough of these pistols in the public now to show a trend for certain type failures?

·
Registered
26 Posts
i've been carrying mine since dec., and following comments on various forums since its release. there are no trends for failure's with the ME380. i havent heard of anyone returning one for repair, so you probably wont find much info in that regard :)
you might also look for info on the ZVI Kevin.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Must be a trend. Read somewhere a guy dropped his and it cracked under the barrel. I've seen one other report of a crack under the barrel after shooting it. And I just shot mine Thursday and have a crack under the barrel. I'm hoping this was a set mfg. stock where the found the problem and fixed on later serials.

Calling MR today.

Other than the crack on the slide. I love the pistol. Shot well, trigger pull was a non issue, just takes practice. (I dry fired a bit when I first received it to get used to the pull).

On another positive note on the trigger pull. Made my DA 686 plus and 586 L-comp triggers feel like butter:biggrin2:

Also, ordered an Uncle Mike's pocket holster (version 2). Will let folks know how it works.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Sorry to hear about the problems and I sure hope the manufacturer takes care of y'all. Please keep us posted.

NCH

·
Registered
972 Posts
I bought one after some disappointments with my two Ruger LCPs (I kept one of them and it seems to be working now after two trips to Prescott). So far it's been flawless with a mixture of ammo, often in the same magazine. I've got a spare mag on order and it feels like a substantial weapon, although it's a couple ounces heavier than the Ruger and KelTecs I have also owned.

Funny thing, shooting the Ruger and MDE side by side, the MDE seems to have more felt recoil. I would expect less due to the metal receiver and bottom half compared to the polymer LCP. Let's face it: neither gun is a joy to shoot. They are there for one purpose --- close range self defense.

·
Registered
76 Posts
In following up the links above I was able to go to a site for the "Kevin" which seems to be what this is. In Europe you can get an 8-round mag as well as 6-round and there's also mention of 9MM Makarov as well as 380 caliber. Don't know if that would add any real power advantage in an extremely short barrel (2.2")
Don't get tricked into the ballistics mumbo-jumbo. Keep in mind that .380 ACP is also know as 9x17mm. Although the bullet diameter in the 9x18 is slightly larger, .363 instead of .355, the 9x18 is more closely related to the .380 ACP in performance as opposed to 9x19 Parabellum that we are most familiar with. 9x18mm is a low pressure cartridge designed for about 2/3 of the psi as 9mm Parabellum, 20,000+/- psi as opposed to 35,000+ psi

The real question is why would the manufacturer waste time and effort into making different barrels and tooling for essentially the same round performance wise? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
i saw one of these recently. i don't think i'd want one, for the simple fact that i can get a pocket .380 a whole lot cheaper than what they'd want for theirs, and worked just as well. if i'm gonna pay top $$ for a pocket gun, i'd get a Kahr .380.
+1 here only I would opt for the Kel Tec version :embarassed:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Sorry to hear about the problems and I sure hope the manufacturer takes care of y'all. Please keep us posted.

NCH
Talked to MR C.Support and shipped it last week. should be shipped back in a couple days.

Have had no problems in comms with them. Asked for status today and responded in email in about 10-15 mins.

If I get it back and it works, I'll def. be happy and will keep probably for awhile as I like everything about the pistol except for the break. Im wondering if our US ammo mfgs have more power bullets than the EU....maybe ammo in europe is more feeble. (again I was using buffalo bore +p 100 grain).

·
Registered
15 Posts
Received it back today. Will have to shoot again.

MR threw in a free mag, and the notes stated a new buffer was installed(and of course they replaced the slide)

This was all at no charge (not even shipping).

Top notch service.

Will reserve final judgment after next range session.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I was interested in the Micro but bought a NAA Guardian .380. After reading these blogs I'm glad I bought the NAA. I carry it every day in my hip pocket as my "back-up" but I really don't like the "Nemesis" holster I use. I've got a custom from "Jim's" coming.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Received it back today. Will have to shoot again.

MR threw in a free mag, and the notes stated a new buffer was installed(and of course they replaced the slide)

This was all at no charge (not even shipping).

Top notch service.

Will reserve final judgment after next range session.

sounds like excellent service!

Please keep us informed on the performance of the repair.

surv

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
I just picked up a form for it :image035:

·
Registered
104 Posts
The real question is why would the manufacturer waste time and effort into making different barrels and tooling for essentially the same round performance wise? :rolleyes:
It would be great for availability. I'd love a little pocket gun, but the scarcity of .380 ACP is making me hold off on that purchase for the forseeable future.

Add to that my love of Maks and I would buy a 9x18mm Micro Eagle in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Update...appears I'm the culprit. Although I thought I looked, I didn't realize +P ammo was not approved for the micro. So I will not shoot the Buffalo Bore ammo at the range.

I'll have to find some tamer ammo.

41 - 57 of 57 Posts