Defensive Carry banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen some mixed reviews on the Magpul Glock mags. I have a G19 and just to test them out I bought a 15rd Glock mag from Magpul. A few range trips, and about 250-300 rounds of a few different types of ammo, and it ran 100%.

My AR mags from Magpul always have been 100% over a ton of rounds, but wanted to test the Glock mags myself due to the few issues I've heard about with reliability. Glad I can report mine was totally 100%. I'll still only carry the factory mags, but the Magpul mags are cheap enough that I certainly wouldn't mind buying a few more.

I was a bit weary, so performed a test of my own and just figured I'd throw this piece of data (albeit small and a sample of one) out there.

·
Registered
10,703 Posts
I have a couple, too, that I use for the range. No issues.

·
Registered
12,686 Posts
Thanks Chuck. I've had 100% good results from MAGPUL AR mags as well. The thing (IMHO) about OEM GLOCK mags is that they're not THAT expensive to begin-with, so I'm not shopping for a more budget-minded alternative. And I've never heard so much as an internet whisper about THEIR reliability. :image035:

·
Registered
229 Posts
I've run 1000 rounds through a set of 6 magazines in the last few months and they are still flawless. I'm impressed.

I paid $12 each and paid $26 for Glock mags, so there was a significant price difference for me.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Mine have worked 100% as well.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They are about half the cost. I decent amount of factory mags for serious use, but will definitely buy more of the Magpuls for stockpiling.

·
Registered
229 Posts
My typical range session is 200 rounds. Having all those mags loaded makes it much more enjoyable. My carry ammo is in a factory mag. I run 7 other factory mags as well as the pmags.

After an outdoor day where mags may hit the dirt, cleaning the pmags is easier then the factory mags, so that's nice. I'll clean any mag that went into the dirt - just open, wipe and brush.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Wish they would throw some love towards the g20/21 family of Glocks. I've heard good things as well after the recall.

·
Registered
9,339 Posts
I have two PMags for my G17 and have no issues. Buds Gun Shop has them for under$11 and Lanbos Armory as them ( when you add to cart for under $12.00-Lanbos is where I ordered mine. Had them in my mail box two days after I ordered them)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 9 of 9 Posts