Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Interesting. I prefer steel surplus over any plastic mags, but I'd be willing to try them out.

Releasing late summer. No price listed yet.

The PMAG 30 AK MOE is a durable, lightweight, high reliability 30-round polymer magazine designed for Kalashnikov pattern rifles (AK-47, AKM, AKS, and others) in 7.62x39 mm. It features a removable floorplate, constant curve geometry, and a high-reliability/low-friction follower for the performance you expect from a PMAG.

Made in U.S.A.

·
8,501 Posts
Well I'm not sure we need an AK P-mag but I'll try one or two.

·
Registered
7,217 Posts
I am surprised it took them this long! That being said, since they did take this long I expect their quality to be excellent.

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
IMO, they should instead concentrate on flooding the U.S. market with so many PMags that the word "in common use" could not be denied.

·
Registered
632 Posts

Why don't we need AK PMAGs? I mean, sure nobody needs anything...but why wouldn't you want an AK mag made by the same people that make one of the most reliable AR pattern mags? What is bad about new production AK mags at a great price point assuming they are reliable. That's an honest question, not trying to stir the pot. I don't even own an AK.

·
Registered
288 Posts
If they are reliable as the Tapco mags have been for me, but are actually made of the good polymer they use in the PMAG, it'll be very nice to have.

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
I would think Magpul would get it right before putting them on the market they learned a lesson a while back with another mag they tried.
I am not so sure I would say Tapco are reliable
When Magpul completely pulls out of Colorado I will move then to my prefered list of products to shop .

·
Banned
12,068 Posts
Why don't we need AK PMAGs? I mean, sure nobody needs anything...but why wouldn't you want an AK mag made by the same people that make one of the most reliable AR pattern mags? What is bad about new production AK mags at a great price point assuming they are reliable. That's an honest question, not trying to stir the pot. I don't even own an AK.
Yeah well some of us do. I bought my AK for specific reasons. I even lucked out and found mine was Made In America. HUA The very idea of magazines that while empty don't weigh an arm and a leg is very appealing to me. I'm not the young buck I was 20 years ago.

·
Registered
42,129 Posts
"The PMAG 30 AK MOE is a durable, lightweight, high reliability 30-round polymer magazine designed for Kalashnikov pattern rifles (AK-47, AKM, AKS, and others) in 7.62x39 mm. It features a removable floorplate, constant curve geometry, and a high-reliability/low-friction follower for the performance you expect from a PMAG.

Made in U.S.A. "

Yeah, but where in the USA? CO still?

·
Registered
938 Posts
Also, according to their Facebook page, production of mags and sights is now taking place outside of Colorado. They've just been postponing the release out of respect for Boston and now they're busy with the NRA show.

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Not having ever bought a P-mag but hearing good things about them I could see myself getting some. I have a half dozen or so plastic AK mags now that work OK and about the same number of steel mags. I actually just got two more steel mags in the mail yesterday and I was really pleased with the quality. They are new South Korean and the finish is really nice. The price was really good but I only got two at first because I hadn't bought any of these before and wanted to see what I got for the money. I'll be buying a few more I suspect.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I would think Magpul would get it right before putting them on the market they learned a lesson a while back with another mag they tried.
I am not so sure I would say Tapco are reliable
When Magpul completely pulls out of Colorado I will move then to my prefered list of products to shop .
I wouldn't call Tapco mags "reliable" either, but they work well in my AK. I wouldn't have a reason to say that otherwise. They are actually the most reliable mags for that gun, more so than steel. (It's pretty much a lemon)

·
Registered
186 Posts
I wouldn't call Tapco mags "reliable" either, but they work well in my AK. I wouldn't have a reason to say that otherwise. They are actually the most reliable mags for that gun, more so than steel. (It's pretty much a lemon)
I've never had a problem with my Tapco mags. They definitely aren't as durable as surplus mags, but they work just fine for range mags. I might pick up a couple more when they are back in stock. For less than $10 a piece, it's definitely worth it.

·
Premium Member
3,579 Posts
The problem for Magpul is that AK mags are so cheap typically. I can get a surplus mags all day long that you can drive a truck over for cheap. I also have had a good experience with Tapco mags too. They have been pretty reliable when I have used them.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Anyone heard of Circle 10? This space is already occupied albeit by a Bulgarian company but I'd give 'em a go depending on price.

·
Registered
148 Posts
The problem for Magpul is that AK mags are so cheap typically. I can get a surplus mags all day long that you can drive a truck over for cheap. I also have had a good experience with Tapco mags too. They have been pretty reliable when I have used them.
For guys like me who have to deal with 922r compliance foolishness, US made AK mags are hard to find these days...so I'm looking forward to getting one of these to try it out--have other Magpul gear on my MAK90 so this might complement it well...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts