Defensive Carry banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
I hope they stick to their guns. Mississippi will welcome them with open arms. We don't need two countries. We just need to change how we fund things. Stop funding all the liberial programs with federal tax money and start funding them at the state leval. We already have liberial and conservative states. Now we need to start having states fund the programs their voters want with state revenue. This will downsize federal government. If you don't like how your state is spending money, vote with your feet and move. Let's face it, one size does not fit all.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Great to see. Although I disagree that Wisconsin is a "liberal" foothold (from the OP's attached map image). Our incredible Gov. Walker brought us concealed carry, castle doctrine, and a balanced budget. We have one conservative Senator who is very good (Ron Johnson) and a new one who is extremely liberal and bad (Tammy Baldwin). Our "problem" is that the larger cities (especially Milwaukee and Madison) are more liberal and typically vote for Democrats, and the rest of the state tends to be moderate to conservative. So, what you typically see is a relative balance of conservatives and liberals, and therefore the moderates tend to push the balance of power one way or another.

So, not truly a conservative state, but far from a liberal state.

·
Registered
7,080 Posts
I hope they stick to their guns. Mississippi will welcome them with open arms. We don't need two countries. We just need to change how we fund things. Stop funding all the liberial programs with federal tax money and start funding them at the state leval. We already have liberial and conservative states. Now we need to start having states fund the programs their voters want with state revenue. This will downsize federal government. If you don't like how your state is spending money, vote with your feet and move. Let's face it, one size does not fit all.
Now where did you get that idea?
Oh, those white wigged guys 200 years ago. :five01:

·
Registered
808 Posts
As do I. I also heard that berreta is thinking about moving down here to Texas if Maryland's legislature passes a gun control measure.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
As do I. I also heard that berreta is thinking about moving down here to Texas if Maryland's legislature passes a gun control measure.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2
Yes, Beretta has threatened Maryland with departure if they pass their idiotic law. I don't know if they have said where they would go though, just not here. The resistance to this nonsense here has been very strong, hopefully it can work. The bill was rammed through our Senate, and is currently in committee in the House. It is harrowing at the moment...

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
I hope they find a new home. Heck I would send them 100 bucks out of my pocket to help fund the move. I would love to see them in Wisconsin.
But we hate business and jobs here. If we lose 1 vote on the Supreme Court here we lose CC and gun rights.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
I will continue to support them, by buying their products. unfortunately that will usually involve travelling 80 miles to Nevada.

The OP's map is a good idea, but your map is too general. Here is the one you were looking for.

·
Banned
97 Posts
In my state's defense, it isn't the real Vermonters that voted for all that's wrong with our state. The antis realized MA, CT and RI are terrible, so they moved up here, not realizing that instating the same policies will cause the same problems. We're outnumbered now because all the "great" ideas have forced almost all young people born here out, and beckoned all the rich liberal artists to come stay. I hate our stigma as a liberal stronghold :frown:

Anyway, good for them. We can only hope that the big name gunmakers follow suit. They should complete all contracts with the government, then refuse sell them any more ammunition or guns. If they were all in on it, they could hold out until the feds agree to clarify our 2nd Amendment rights for good. Wishful thinking..

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
I would like to see a bill that forbids any anti state from getting revenue from the Federal Ammunition Tax. You pay 11% of your ammo purchases to the feds in taxes. They are using some of that money to fund their anti efforts.

Reactions: jem102

·
Registered
86 Posts
this is good news for us gun friendly states, South Dakota would welcome them with open arms, our gun laws are very pro gun

·
Registered
448 Posts
I will continue to support them, by buying their products. unfortunately that will usually involve travelling 80 miles to Nevada.

The OP's map is a good idea, but your map is too general. Here is the one you were looking for.

Link to map please?

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Link to map please?
This version is a little better. Like all maps, it isn't really trustworthy but shows that with the exception of Alaska, you can't just draw a crayon line around any state and say all those people are (anything). Just look at California and Oregon. The population centers carry the votes and all we can do is overcharge them when they are on vacation.
http://vanwigginton.tripod.com/2008electionmap.bmp

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
From the guv said:
Mr. Hickenlooper, a Democrat, acknowledged at the signing ceremony that Magpul might leave Colorado, but said he had concluded that the legislation’s benefits “clearly” outweighed the costs.

“Those are 200 people who go to work every day, and if Magpul decides they do indeed have to leave, that’s a hardship, that’s difficult,” said Mr. Hickenlooper. “In any difficult piece of legislation, there’s pluses and minuses.”
Yeah, like lack of practical impact on criminal violence. That is difficult, for legislation that ostensibly was about just that.

Kudos to Magpul. Kudos to Remington, Colt and others for seriously considering it. A few $billion in sales and a few hundreds of $millions in tax revenues and loss of related jobs will hopefully spark the brushfire that's been too long in coming.

·
Banned
10,182 Posts

·
Banned
2,647 Posts
Colorado Rep. Kagan said he would offer an amendment to soften the impact on MagPul that could possibly keep them in the state. No link heard it on the radio.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts