Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This quote is from Magpul and the link is for the letter delivered to Governor Hickenlooper by Magpul's attorney.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uqum7rzdzwi7vgh/1224 veto (2).pdf

Apparently Gov Hickenlooper has announced that he will sign HB 1224 on Wednesday. We were asked for our reaction, and here is what we said:

We have said all along that based on the legal problems and uncertainties in the bill, as well as general principle, we will have no choice but to leave if the Governor signs this into law. We will start our transition out of the state almost immediately, and we will prioritize moving magazine manufacturing operations first. We expect the first PMAGs to be made outside CO within 30 days of the signing, with the rest to follow in phases. We will likely become a multi-state operation as a result of this move, and not all locations have been selected. We have made some initial contacts and evaluated a list of new potential locations for additional manufacturing and the new company headquarters, and we will begin talks with various state representatives in earnest if the Governor indeed signs this legislation. Although we are agile for a company of our size, it is still a significant footprint, and we will perform this move in a manner that is best for the company and our employees.

It is disappointing to us that money and a social agenda from outside the state have apparently penetrated the American West to control our legislature and Governor, but we feel confident that Colorado residents can still take the state back through recalls, ballot initiatives, and the 2014 election to undo these wrongs against responsible Citizens

·
Super Moderator
23,745 Posts
:puke:

The DAMN Damnorats in Colorado. Let's see what happens Wednesday. Then we'll see what happens in 2014 and 2016.

It is disappointing to us that money and a social agenda from outside the state have apparently penetrated the American West to control our legislature and Governor, but we feel confident that Colorado residents can still take the state back through recalls, ballot initiatives, and the 2014 election to undo these wrongs against responsible Citizens
I sure hope so. A bazillion folks here helped us try to avoid this, but Damnorats don't listen.

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
The greatest power: the People and their wallets, particularly when it heads elsewhere lock, stock and barrel.

Kudos to Magpul to puttin' its money where its mouth is. An example to us all.

Suck it up, Colorado. You wanted it ... you got it. Now, deal with it, or perish as the Colorado you've known and loved.

·
Premium Member
7,794 Posts
I fear this is just another domino falling. One more state falling down.

Sorry to be so down. Lots of pro 2A people in California, New York, New Jersey, Colorado, etc. but lots of others that just don't give a rat's behind about personal freedom or the natural right of self defense. The intellectual progeny of the 60's and 70's leftists now teaching in many universities. Gubbermint will take care of you because if you take care of yourself you might hurt yourself.

So sad.

Hopefully the employees have an out...

·
Banned
1,418 Posts
I'm calling BS. Magpul's business, just like mine, has a simple purpose which is to MAKE MONEY. That's why we are capitalists, we want to run a venture that brings in more money than it pays out. To uproot our business and move to another state would require much less physical assets like office space and the like but would still present a massive burden of outlays. If/when I see proof that Magpul actually is relocating out of Colorado and really producing products elsewhere, I will believe it. Until then, no.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I hope they come to Texas.
And MJB...I think you'll find they'll make good on their statement.
They kind of have to now that such a big deal as been made of it.

Reactions: palmgopher

·
Registered
994 Posts
Well, my thoughts are if the gun/ magazine manufacturers who are trapped in anti-gun states wan to move to the south, we'll welcome them with open arms.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I will be plopping down some cash for more Magpul stuff now, perhaps even stuff I do not need, to support them and help with the costs of having to escape tyranny and madness.

I feel terrible for the sane residents in Colorado who have to live under the fist of these fools who believe this legislation will do anything but hurt the law abiding citizens.

My company has an alternate HQ in Dallas and if my state goes bonkers on this 2nd Amendment stuff, I am out of here. I wish every citizen of every state that is going over the edge had some way to vote with their feet, but I know it is not so.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I'm calling BS. Magpul's business, just like mine, has a simple purpose which is to MAKE MONEY. That's why we are capitalists, we want to run a venture that brings in more money than it pays out. To uproot our business and move to another state would require much less physical assets like office space and the like but would still present a massive burden of outlays. If/when I see proof that Magpul actually is relocating out of Colorado and really producing products elsewhere, I will believe it. Until then, no.
A good bet is they do not want to burn the bridge until they are on the other side. Additionally, there is always a chance for the laws to be shot back down in the near future. We shall see.

·
Premium Member
3,224 Posts
Well I hope it works out for them. They make good products and I am sure they will do what is best for their business.

I can imagine they are being recruited by several states to come there with tax breaks, great locations and lots of high end lunches. Arkansas just welcomed Walter/Umarex with open arms and I hope we get more.

Reactions: Rock and Glock

·
Registered
562 Posts
Sometimes people state their position honestly, stand up for what they believe and do what they think is right; even when it is not easy. I'll take Magpul at their word until I have reason to believe differently.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Psst. Hey, over here! We're just to the southwest of you guys right now. We have great gun laws and land is unbelievably cheap. You won't have to worry about weather hindering shipments either.

I think Magpul and Arizona could have a lovely relationship.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Any further news? Come to FL!

·
Premium Member
10,047 Posts
I have no doubt Magpul will do what they say they will do. Let's just hope it doesn't come to that.

Reactions: 65108

·
Banned
10,182 Posts
I've moved a lot of major manufacturing operations, tooling, etc. and other things to numerous different places that are far bigger than the Magpul operations. Not that hard if you do it right. And the cost to move, not much when you get incentives from the State you are moving to .... anything from cash to incentives in taxes, property taxes, etc. You can sometimes make a "profit" moving. The biggest factor is people.... not the operations... and having a skilled labor force with minimal training that can get the operations back into full production. However, many states also offer money for training people.... and sometimes will pay 100% of it. The last one... interesting.... the State gave them $25 mil NOT to move to another state.

Reactions: Rock and Glock

·
Banned
12,069 Posts
Well I hope it works out for them. They make good products and I am sure they will do what is best for their business.

I can imagine they are being recruited by several states to come there with tax breaks, great locations and lots of high end lunches. Arkansas just welcomed Walter/Umarex with open arms and I hope we get more.
Way to go Magpul!!
------------------------

Hay TacMan is UMAREX a Turkish company that makes a 14 or 12+1 12G like the Kel Tec 14+1 12G??

1 - 20 of 99 Posts