Defensive Carry banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at the Magtech First Defense rounds (first time I have heard of them) and they sure look like a twin sister of the Corbon DPX. I believe the bullet weight is less but they are 100% solid copper.

"Trust the bullet that delivers deep penetration and devastating expansion..." Sure sounds like the same comments made by Corbon about the DPX. I understand these are somewhat more cost effective than the Corbon DPX.

Any comments regarding the above would be appreciated.

:nutkick: :buttkick:

·
Registered
606 Posts
The main advantage is that solid copper will stay together unlike some jacketed bullets. I dont see a huge advantage over a good quality bonded core, but in my opinion they are good bullets overall and would be a good choice for carry ammo. Just be sure to buy enough to test out a few at the range before carrying them.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Below is information I found comparing performance on the CorBon DPX & Magtech SCHP. Looks like the same bullet with somewhat better performance from the Magtech (diameter after recovery.

Any comments?

Open attached document which contains results.

·
Registered
17,352 Posts
I've used Mag tec Before not these rounds but other for SD and they rounds work well and are consistent over the chrono we were borrowing .. one bad thing abut mag tec is there Revolver Ammo is loaded Hot

1 - 4 of 4 Posts