Defensive Carry banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Such a big and crowded mall, seems like the perfect place to carry for me.

I know Mall of America bans guns on their premises, but does anybody still carry there anyhow?

Here's a link to MoA's rules.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The wording on the signs they have is correct. Where and how they are posted is all wrong according to state law.
Yup. Was a lot about that on that forum. Looks like I'll be CCing for my first time when I visit MoA this weekend. Probably have to go with the Ruger LCP in a pocket carry. I was never able to comfortably find a way to carry my Glock 19. Just too big for my body. Didn't think about carrying it for CC at the time I had bought it.

I'll print a copy of the following and keep it with me:

624.714, Subsection 17 wrote:

(i) the requester has prominently posted a conspicuous sign at every entrance to the establishment containing the following language: "(INDICATE IDENTITY OF OPERATOR) BANS GUNS IN THESE PREMISES."; or

(ii) the requester or the requester's agent personally informs the person that guns are prohibited in the premises and demands compliance.

(2) "Prominently" means readily visible and within four feet laterally of the entrance with the bottom of the sign at a height of four to six feet above the floor.

(3) "Conspicuous" means lettering in black arial typeface at least 1-1/2 inches in height against a bright contrasting background that is at least 187 square inches in area.

624.714, Subsection 17(e) wrote:

(e) A landlord may not restrict the lawful carry or possession of firearms by tenants or their guests.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Such a big and crowded mall, seems like the perfect place to carry for me.

I know Mall of America bans guns on their premises, but does anybody still carry there anyhow?

Here's a link to MoA's rules.
MOA is not legally allowed to post, they are a landlord. While their signs wording is correct they are posted improperly and as I said they don't have the authority to post so to answer your question, yes I carry every time I am there. Concealed of course. If I am somehow spotted I will of course leave as I won't be a test case in court.

·
Super Moderator
50,610 Posts
Well, from what has been posted so far, I'd say "Stay armed...stay concealed...stay safe!":wave:

·
Registered
669 Posts
you bet I would...

Considering its the holidays, people are under much more stress and if we all remember the incident in St. Louis (if i remember correctly) about 3 years ago, I say to hell with MOA's rule. That rule is in place primarily coz of the gangbangers that troll the amusement park and to make us "feel" safer. If you dress appropriately, it wont be an issue. consider me a conscientious[sic] objector.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Yep. Legally they can't ban it, but they act like they can and the Bloomington PD acts like it is illegal.

There are issues with gang bangers and drugs at the mall, they try to keep it down but it isn't Disney World.

Carry without being seen. If seen, leave and you can't be ticketed.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I carry my G22 IWB everytimes I'm there..Never leave home without it!!!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Concealed means concealed.

Yep and I CC'd when we went to Duluth on vacation this summer...Stopped at MoA the day we flew out. I CC'd my XD45 all day... locked it in my suitcase in the rental return area before we hit TSA in the terminal... All in all it was a great trip.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Went to MoA yesterday. Carried CC for my first time. Carried the Ruger LCP in pocket holster in my front right pocket. Had to move the phone to my pocket with my keys, but it worked out fine. Pretty much forgot the gun was there, until I put my hands in my pocket and was holding onto it. Love the feeling of being able to actually hold onto my gun, with nobody around me knowing!

My fiance doesn't like me open carrying for the mere fact that people can see it and it draws attention. But she was fine with me carrying concealed this weekend. We drove from Wisconsin so the gun was in a case until we got to the mall. The mall was the first stop, else I would have put it in my pocket sooner. About an hour into the shopping she asked me if I even had it with me. I guess she didn't see me pull it out as soon as we parked and load it!

We stayed in a hotel last night, then this morning drove to Cabelas before coming home. Had the gun in my pocket from the time we left the hotel room until the time we left Cabelas (at which point I unloaded it and put it back into the case because the next stop was home).

Oh and there was one time I started to get nervous at MoA...

We were walking towards an escalator that was turned off, going to head upstairs. Just as we were about to step on it, 2 security guards who were coming down put there hands out and said "Hold on a second you two." I was really nervous thinking they could tell it was a gun or something. But then they said "let us get this escalator going again," and I let out a huge sigh of relief. You can see the bulk of the gun in my pocket, but can't tell what it is, unless maybe you have a trained eye for these things.

Anyways, was a very nice weekend finally getting to carry a concealed weapon. Everything just felt right! So much less stressful than OCing like I have to here in WI. Now to do it again when I take a vacation to Orlando in February! :comeandgetsome:

·
Banned
1,098 Posts
You'd better think twice before carrying at MOA remember this
Don’t worry Lucy, you’ll never have to confront me as long as you stay on the right side of the law. And that’s the govts law and MY law, when your on territory I’m “working.”

Until the day you cross that line, I’ll keep watching over and protecting you. that’s my job. The day you go bad, is when you better watch out. That is also my job.
Don't let Gecko see that piece

·
Premium Member
2,655 Posts
The signs only effect people legally carrying. The bad guys don't worry about those silly signs.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Yea, gun free zones keep the honest and law abiding, honest and law abiding while empowering criminals who are carrying a tec 9 under their car seat and a throw away in there jacket - Oh wait a sec, I forgot that the sign will cause them to disarm as well.... ALWAYS CARRY - NEVER TELL in the MoA and almost EVERY mall Ive come across thus far.
~Steve

1 - 17 of 17 Posts