Defensive Carry banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Wow. That is crazy. Thanks for sharing Scott. The wife and I were discussing what ifs today, and this came up as I told her abotu the What if the Balloon goes up thread. Adds validity.

Anyone think of another "fat fetched" scenario, please post it.

~A

·
Administrator
143,465 Posts
Scott

Thanks for posting the story.
I hate to read doggone stories like that though.
It eats away a bit more of my stomach lining every time I read about a total "nut case" with a gun. :mad:
Kudos to the "Sporting Goods Workers" that took him down.

·
Banned
177 Posts
My response is completely different for this. in the "balloon" thread you are in a crowd encountering multiple opponents armed with assault rifles. Collateral damage is acceptable. In this situation it is not. Utilize cover and concealment and drop this guy ASAP. In this situation i'd render aid to the injured. In the other situation i'd fight my way out of the hot zone and escape.

·
Registered
5,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As always happens this was initially reported as multiple shooters and at multiple locations. Basically the scenario in the balloon goes up thread. Only the people on the ground will know for sure. Hopefully this isn't a test run for terrorists or that it gives them any ideas. :frown:

-Scott-

·
Registered
940 Posts
What I don't get with these mass shooting dudes is they apparently are unable to carry reloads for their firearms.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy they don't seem to have a clue, but the amount of injury with an AK against unarmed targets says something about the American psycho-marksmanship quotient in this day and age.

I'm reminded of the marksmanship lecture in "Full Metal Jacket" for some reason - glad the shooter wasn't a Marine. :)

·
Super Moderator
25,516 Posts
Scott said:
As always happens this was initially reported as multiple shooters and at multiple locations. Basically the scenario in the balloon goes up thread. Only the people on the ground will know for sure. Hopefully this isn't a test run for terrorists or that it gives them any ideas. :frown:

-Scott-
The terrorists don't need this to give them ideas. I read a novel about 6 months ago with a simolar idea. A small group of terrorists (I think it was 4) targeting an large mall in Northern Virginia. They just split up and started shooting........... Made for interesting reading. :sport21:

Of course if they had been smart, they'd have done it in Maryland, where there is almost no chance of anyone shooting back! :biggrin:

·
Banned
177 Posts
rfurtkamp said:
What I don't get with these mass shooting dudes is they apparently are unable to carry reloads for their firearms.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy they don't seem to have a clue, but the amount of injury with an AK against unarmed targets says something about the American psycho-marksmanship quotient in this day and age.

I'm reminded of the marksmanship lecture in "Full Metal Jacket" for some reason - glad the shooter wasn't a Marine. :)
More good reasons to get professional training, so if the shooter is a whacked out marine, you still have a good chance. Not nececcarily a marine either, have you seen video of these al queda training camps? They look pretty hardcore.

·
Registered
5,993 Posts
Aq Hardcore? Not!

clubsoda22 said:
Not nececcarily a marine either, have you seen video of these al queda training camps? They look pretty hardcore.
Actually they look amateur as hell to me. Heck if that's the best they can offer in the arena of firearms and buildings or built up areas....my IDPA club can clean them up pretty quick. I've seen most of those so called training videos and they don't move well, or use cover and concealment. They have no fire discipline and nobody is covering while others are reloading. I actually think these videos are more for propaganda purposes to warn the infidels.....

·
Registered
5,993 Posts
That was the book by Tom Clancy? I really think it's going to happen pretty much in a similar fashion, when things pop for real.

·
Registered
115 Posts
That and/or recuiting films. They always remind me of the films the Soviets used to release to the west. We would be forced to watch them in OPFOR briefings. I always thought that if I had to watch another Soviet soldier dive through fire while shooting his AK I was going to puke.

As to Clancy Books(not movies), "The Sum of All Fears", scared the heck outta me.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.