Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heads up. :dangersign:

Just in the past two days I've noticed that, with each and every link I click on within DefensiveCarry that heads to some other site, my anti-virus/malware software pops up a blocked Malware item upon reaching that other site. Happens whether it's heading to YouTube, senate.gov, Popvox, Yahoo News, Bud's Gun Shop, Flickr or any of a dozen other sites people's posts link to.

Anyone else noticing this sort of thing?

NOTE: Am rooting around on my own system with various "scrubbers," in the event it's just my own system. Though, if not just me, then perhaps it's something with DefensiveCarry. Heads up.

Moderators: PM me for details, if you need specifics of my setup and exactly what I'm seeing.

·
Administrator
144,206 Posts
I just clicked on 5 or 6 assorted links and I am not showing anything after a virus scan and malware run.

·
Super Moderator
18,175 Posts
No issues either.

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
...have you backwashed your BS filter lately? We HAVE been loadin' it on kinda heavy ...
I've noticed it's mostly on links that Snub44 has posted. :tongue: :rofl:

Seriously, though, I've done a variety of scans on my own box and browser, but nothing has been found yet. Strange, sudden behavior. Typical of an infection of some sort on one's own machine. Doesn't appear to be anything on my box (though, ya never know), other than apparently it being only me who's seeing this sort of thing. Hasn't been anything recently installed. No strange rootkits or other uglies, seemingly. Hm.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
No issues here either at all. I'm running Norton 360 with no problems

·
Registered
448 Posts
No issues... I have seen some weird stuff if you use the yahoo tool bar. But nothing here... I use Pale Moon as my browser and never see ads anywhere anyway. In fact I was surprised on a few forums that they had ads because I never see them... ever... Pale Moon and Adblock Plus are the only way to go...

Reactions: NONAME762

·
Premium Member
24,511 Posts
No problems with either of my computers.

·
Registered
231 Posts
ccw9mm - How many anti virus programs do you have on your PC? If several, uninstall them all and install Microsoft Security Essentials and run that. You only need one anti malware/virus and MSE is usually sufficient. If you're still having problems, download the free version of Malwarebytes and run that with your PC in safe mode. That should clear up whatever you have on your system.

·
Registered
9,341 Posts
Actually I was having a HECK of a time getting onto "THE GLOCK FORUM" yesterday... but, hey you know how Glock people are:image035:

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
I have to have a computer to be on here???:blink: Ill have to go get one, id been just closing my eyes and holding my right leg in the air :blink:

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
Best guess.... Your computer is infected and the problem is not with this forum........

·
Banned
10,182 Posts
The scammers and attackers are working over time out there.

Reactions: Crowman

·
Registered
36,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ccw9mm - How many anti virus programs do you have on your PC? If several, uninstall them all and install Microsoft Security Essentials and run that. You only need one anti malware/virus and MSE is usually sufficient. If you're still having problems, download the free version of Malwarebytes and run that with your PC in safe mode. That should clear up whatever you have on your system.
A primary AV/ASW/AAW tool; a small handful of additional deep-clean tools that supplement my primary AV tool.

The suggestion about one AV tool usually being sufficient is spot-on. Trouble is, that assessment is spot-on: usually it's enough, meaning for most folks. But no single AV tool catches everything.

Anyway, a couple of different deep-cleaning overnight scans haven't found anything either.

I'll just have to keep an eye on it, I guess.

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
Maybe you have a re direct that you picked up. That would be in your sys 32 files and maybe your registry. Try the program called combo fix. It gets just about everything....

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Combofix from bleepingcomputer.com is your best friend. If it finishes and nothing will run just reboot and all will be at peace again.

·
Super Moderator
50,609 Posts
Don't need no stinkin' virus...that's why I have an Apple.:yup:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts