Defensive Carry banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New member here...just wanted to see if anyone else is having an issue. Every time I navigate or open the forum page, my virus alert pops up and says it quarantined a JS/Moat.BE962A5!tr virus. Looking it up, it appears to be some sort of Trojan.

Hopefully there is nothing lurking in the forum anywhere!

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
I was having the same issue last night...seems not to be doing it today.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I tried to copy and paste and post the log, but I got an invalid security token, so I messaged it to the admin. Here is also a screenshot

screenshot.jpg

It seems to be happening whenever I click the main forum link. When I go to subforums, it doesn't happen.

·
Registered
10,431 Posts
Darn NSA.

Reactions: Administrator

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I didn't pay attention, but will do so from now on! The last few clicks, I haven't had it pop up, so maybe it's resolved somehow.

·
Registered
6,587 Posts
I'm pretty sure this is the site it happened on but about a week ago I got a virus/malware alert which was caught & blocked by Avast. I noticed the Adblock Plus was turned off so I turned it back on & never had it happen again. It could have just been a coincidence, though. I ran Spy Hunter & it didn't show up so it seems my virus and/or malware programs did the job.

·
Administrator
3,369 Posts
Keep in mind, that unless an ad is specific to one of our sponsors, we don't all see the same Google ads. As an example, I have been doing a lot of research regarding survival skills recently, so my Google searches have been strong in that direction. Because of that I am currently seeing a lot of survival gear ads on nearly every site I visit. Last week I was seeing photography gear all over the place in ads. LOL

·
Banned
28 Posts
I would try Googling to see if this is a popular false positive. You didn't say anything about your OS or anti-virus so I can't glean anything else from your post.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Fire/Waterfox + Adblock + Ghostery keeps the web uncluttered for me. Added to Malwarebytes for a once-a-month scan and Comodo Firewall/AV seems to keep things clean around here...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts