Defensive Carry banner

81 - 100 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
LimaCharlie - Holy simolee! Nice gear but VERY expensive. I'm afraid my threat assessment level simply couldn't justify the hit to the wallet (which ain't bulletproof).

·
Premium Member
4,550 Posts
Do you think it'd be okay for a woman to pick out a man purse for a gift ? Or do you think that would work out as bad as a man picking out a purse for a gal ?
I wouldn't dare pick out a purse for any of the women in my life. Oh no, never.
Yes I think it would be ok but it would be easier if he gave her a big hint...like a link to the one he wants.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
Ya know, maybe it's just me, but that video of the Vertx review is kind of bothersome. I know, lots of us want to show the American flag, but to use a pair of them for curtains is a bit much, in regards to proper flag etiquette. One of those things I learned as a member of the American Legion is how the flag is supposed to be treated. We actually had a committee that would help people dispose of a flag properly, so it kind of pains me to see one (or two in this case) used in such a mundane manner.

·
Registered
10,878 Posts
I tried carrying my G19 in my laptop bag a long time ago. Hated it. Was always paranoid about leaving the bag anywhere outside my direct control, and it was socially awkward to have it with me always.

Much prefer smaller guns on my person.

I do have other things in there now, like spare mags, flashlight, and a ballistic insert. But not a gun. Nope.

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
Do you think it'd be okay for a woman to pick out a man purse for a gift ? Or do you think that would work out as bad as a man picking out a purse for a gal ?
I wouldn't dare pick out a purse for any of the women in my life. Oh no, never.
My wife bought me a man purse last Christmas so I know it must not look girly.
Havent carried it. Yet!
I bought her many purses, Coach etc., a half of a shelf in a closet worth.

She don't use any of them.
When traveling use my 25 year old briefcase with saddle pockets that I know where everything is in. And everything I need to grab & go is in it.

·
Registered
5,993 Posts
The closest I’ll allow myself to go in THAT direction is the venerable Belly Bag. It screams “gun” to me, but nobody’s ever made an inquiry.

Reactions: surefire7

·
Registered
15 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts

·
Registered
3,978 Posts
I live in Las Vegas, and b4 B.S.19 practically every tourist wore fanny pack. Now I live in a ghost town...
Every town I ever lived in was a tourist town and you're right, tourists all seem to love fanny packs! Hope you get back to normal soon. Charleston is quite busy now. Bars and restuarants are full. Some have reopened in an hysterical manner with lots of kabuki theatre so I have to skip those but most are normal- same amount of barstools/tables, etc. Seems like half the license plates I see are NC,NJ,PA,NY,OH. People escaping their lockdowns.

81 - 100 of 106 Posts