Defensive Carry banner

101 - 106 of 106 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,197 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
No doubt. Me too! Glad to help. He just delivered my 2 of his SC2’s. Came in yesterday. He is consistent on a 13 week turnaround.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Different Approaches/Ideas

For a bit of a different angle, consider that a bag, whether worn on a sling, a harness, a shoulder strap, or a waist strap, allows one to have that much more room inside one’s pockets, for one’s actual weapons. If personnel at a check-point want to see inside the bag, well, no problem, sir, here, have a look. The bag can hold one’s totally innocent things, such as large mobile phones, tablets, meds, emergency medical supplies, lights, and such. (I am not advocating the violation of laws. This is about places where weapons are not illegal, but where one must tip-toe around the social-acceptability of weapons.)

I am warming-up to the idea of a body armor panel, inside a bag, to complement a day-pack-sized backpack, I already have, that accommodates a SAPI-sized plate or panel. (I wore body armor for almost 34 years, so am used to the idea, and have several flexible and rigid panels.)

The bag, depending upon how is is positioned, can be used to help visually shield an IWB-carried or AIWB-carried weapon from view, an additional layer to mitigate “printing.” (FWIW, I tend use AIWB for carrying a fixed or folding blade, rather than a firearm. I have no desire to derail this discussion into yet another AIWB debate, please.)

Just some thoughts. :smile:

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
Thanks to you all. Rexster, I never considered using it for my everyday stuff and CCing the weapon on my body. I, too, like AIWB for a pistol; that or 3:30 depending on my mood and the gun (P365 or Glock 42). I've never had the pleasure of wearing body armor, but the idea of a plate in my attache case makes a lot of sense. As for a blade, I'm afraid my wife wouldn't let me carry one: I might cut myself. :) I do have a folding knife designed by Mel Pardue and manufactured by Benchmade. I've had it for about 20 years and have opened letters and cut fishing line with it, but if it ever came to defending myself with it against someone who knew what they were doing … well, it wouldn't be pretty for the home team.

101 - 106 of 106 Posts