Defensive Carry banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well hell.....not sure but this is probably another Safe Zone workplace. I wait patiently for the anti-gun crowd to chime in.

His fellow employees armed themselves with what they could...

https://www.wctv.tv/content/news/Stabbing--560030241.html

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (WCTV) -- New details have been released regarding the stabbing attack at Dyke Industries on Wednesday afternoon, perpetrated by 41-year-old Antwann Demetris Brown.

The Tallahassee Police Department says on Wednesday at 8:33 a.m., the Consolidated Dispatch Agency received a 911 call in reference to multiple people being stabbed in the 2000 block of Maryland Circle.

Officials say the suspect was described as a black male with a beard, wearing a Florida Gators shirt, and explained the caller was hiding and "Antwann," was "stabbing everyone."

TPD says arriving officers discovered five victims who were stabbed at the business, all of which were transported to Tallahassee Memorial Hospital for treatment.

Authorities say as Brown was attempted to be apprehended, he kicked at one of the officers but was taken into custody.

According to TPD, during an interview of Brown, officials noticed blood beneath Brown's fingernails and suspected blood stains on Brown's shirt.....

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Very simple............. :yup:

The anti gun crowd will say that it's a blessing that the perp recognized and obeyed the "no gun zone" rule, and since he only had a knife, he wasn't able to do as much damage as if he had brought a gun. :blink:

·
Premium Member
33,735 Posts
Man stabs 5 people at work place - no one had a gun

Apparently no one had any h2h training either :redface:
Or a chair, fire extinguisher, or similar force multiplier generally found in most any work environment.

·
Registered
97 Posts

The anti gun crowd will say that it's a blessing that the perp recognized and obeyed the "no gun zone" rule, and since he only had a knife, he wasn't able to do as much damage as if he had brought a gun. :blink:
They’ll say that until a blade pierces their skull or sternum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
33,735 Posts
Absolutely
2 guys with chairs, and one with the fire extinguisher.
The chair guys back him into a corner lion tamer style, and the extinguisher guy bludgeons him to unconsciousness or death
Chairs launched or swung full force do lots of damage to that with which they make contact.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Chairs launched or swung full force do lots of damage to that with which they make contact.
Hell yes, a lot of different ways to go with just what's laying around the office.
Understand you may take some damage yourself in the process, but you'll come out way better than just standing there waiting your turn to get stabbed.
As a much younger man I took on a knife wielding assailant with just an old metal trash can, I got a couple nasty cuts I still have the scars from to this day, but I walked away when it was over and he didn't.

·
Registered
33,886 Posts
Or a chair, fire extinguisher, or similar force multiplier generally found in most any work environment.
Anything hurled at one's face really upsets the oompa-loompa loop.

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
Buildings in which no one is allowed to be armed are nothing more than Sheep Pens, w/ the Sheep waiting to be slaughtered.

·
Banned
19,639 Posts
Buildings in which no one is allowed to be armed are nothing more than Sheep Pens, w/ the Sheep waiting to be slaughtered.
I'd disagree with that mentality. I'm always armed, I've got two of them that work quite well. As had been mentioned, unconventional weapons abound everywhere in the work space.

·
Banned
2,103 Posts
Man stabs 5 people at work place - no one had a gun
Apparently no one had any h2h training either :redface:
Unfortunately most people think bad things will happen to the other guy. The average person I know could not define himself in a fist fight let alone a knife attack. But the lack of H2H skills is not limited to the unaware. Among our ranks, as far as I can discern, there is a lack of such skill too. The idea that the gun is all you need is troubling complacency. At 77 I still maintain some fundamental defensive and offensive H2H skills.

The main reason I do stems the possibility of a knife attack. It is going to happen when the perp is right next to you. You will not have time to draw and attempting to do so will end up with you getting stabbed because you did not parry the attack before the draw. Protecting against a knife attack is not so difficult to learn, but if you do not learn how you are likely to get stabbed. Then the only question is whether that wound prevents further response on your part.

I always chuckle when I hear the expression never bring a knife to a gunfight. Guess what, at close quarters that knife might kill you before you get the gun out of pocket or holster. Parrying any close quarter attack is critical, and if the attacker has a knife it can be life or death critical.

Some simple guidelines:
1. Never try to grab the knife of the arm or hand that the knife is in.
2. Use your forearm against the forearm to deflect the attackers swing or thrust.
3. Close the distance between you fast lessen the attackers momentum in a strike.
4. Order of defense is parry, position, attack by hand/foot, disable, disarm.

The things to babe learned are in #4.

·
Registered
5,894 Posts
I remember some years ago we got a 911 call where a shoplifter in a grocery store was confronted by an employee for shoplifting some meat. The shoplifter pulled a box cutter on the "unarmed" meat department employee. The meat department employee summoned his fellow employees for backup and they beat the living **** out of the shoplifter with metal meat trays after using a rolling meat rack to ram the him into a freezer case. The reprobate was transported to the hospital with a few cracked ribs, broken wrist, lacerations to the face and a few missing teeth. He was later arrested, prosecuted, and ordered to pay restitution. This was a case where the "victims" successfully turned the tables using some force multipliers. :biggrin2:

Interesting side note *As the watch commander at that time I did a press release on the incident and released it to the press however it never made the news.:confused:

·
Registered
284 Posts
Work Place

I used to work at a location than had heavily armed guards at the entry gates, along with large signs that said "Weapons Prohibited". Show your ID and drive in.

I remember a conversation with a young lady who said, "I'm glad we're in a location where you can't bring in weapons."

I corrected her and said, "No, we're not supposed to bring in weapons."

"Same thing," she insisted.

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts

So did Tim McVeigh. He obeyed the gun free zone. Look how many people he killed without a gun.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts